Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Powder not to be mixed with milk......?

I like to blend it up with milk, oats, banana, 2 scoops of chocolate whey and 3 whole raw eggs, maybe a little peanut butter. Currently bulking.....

Water 4 post workout and milk b4 bed? does that sound reasonable?

generally, yes. Thats usually what I do. But most of the time I will eat something small, like a piece of bread with my shake if its with water. Maybe its just me, but I feel like whey with water is absorbed so fast that you just piss some of it out, so i feel the bread helps actually absorb it better. Dont know if it has any science to it.

but for sure milk b4 bed. Its mainly a slow digesting protein so its good while fasting. If dieting, I would say drop the milk. Some people dont handle dairy very well, and it makes them bloated. Plus there is sugar in milk. But listen to your body

I always enjoy milk and just depending on goals. Obviously almond or skin for cutting. Bulk 2 percent or whole milk.

Add in goodies to if your bulking.
Ie oats, eggs, bananas and fruits keep it good.

I luv n2 whey vanilla with almond milk and I'm set :).
Free shipping and pm me if you need a coupon code

The fats in milk would slow digestion.
When the whole fats enter the duodenum(first meter of the small intestine) they send a hormone signal to the stomach telling it to slow down to give the fats time to break down before entering the small intestine. Since nothing is absorbed in the stomach, only chemically and mechanically broken down, mixing whey with milk post workout isnt the best idea. You want protein NOW post workout. With milk before bed would be a much better choice.
Although there are MUCH better options that whey before bed, since it is quick absorbing. The milk will not slow digestion down enough to be a good bedtime meal. Things like cottage cheese, casein, or a protein complex is a better idea.

Salmonella!!!!

1 in 30,000 eggs is contaminated by salmonella. You have a better chance of getting hit by a car than getting salmonella from an egg.

But, you get better protein bioavailability from cooked eggs versus raw eggs, 91% and 51%, respectively.

1 in 30,000 eggs is contaminated by salmonella. You have a better chance of getting hit by a car than getting salmonella from an egg.

But, you get better protein bioavailability from cooked eggs versus raw eggs, 91% and 51%, respectively.

Good info!

Top Bottom