Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein powder for diabetic person

Jasson Pein

Hi everyone, I'm a diabetic skinny person and I would like to know if taking protein would increase my sugar levels, I need to gain some weight and I started training with light weights but you know if you take protein lifting won't be the same, thank you.

If you will get a protein product as recommended by @stevesmi - the one that is made with whey isolate and that has no sugars and sweeteners in it, will cause no problems at all with blood sugar. Whey as such does not cause blood sugar to raise, at least the isolate, but rather the additives that the companies put in their products..

A protein powder is fine to use by a diabetic person - you just want to make sure that it's a pure whey protein powder and not a product that has a bunch of carbohydrate fillers added.

Read the ingredient list. It should list nothing but whey isolate, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and then maybe some salt, soy lecithin, cocoa powder etc.

One of the sponsors of the board n2bm.com makes a really good quality protein powder. Check that out

Stick to a pure whey isolate and you will be in good shape. It will only have 0-1g of carbs in total. I like whey to build muscle from n2bm.

Top Bottom