Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein is making me fat

arnold zein

I guys, I have been taking protein after training but I notice I'm just getting fat and soft and muscle, I train 4 days a week and I take protein 5 days a week, just one shake on days off, any idea what the problem could be?

I guys, I have been taking protein after training but I notice I'm just getting fat and soft and muscle, I train 4 days a week and I take protein 5 days a week, just one shake on days off, any idea what the problem could be?
It depends on your daily protein intake, if its more than 220 grams you will, drop till 180 and raise the carbs till 350, upon your weight!!

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-U02 using Tapatalk

Probably everything else you're eating too. For a start your maths is off. If you train 4 x a week and we know there are 7 days in a week but you take a shake on your days off that's not 1 - it's 3.

We also see a lot of guys ask about one thing as though seeing that one thing as the problem. I doubt you got 'fat and soft' on one protein shake a day. Or else we'd all be fat and soft.

I would bet you any amount of money that your protein powder is loaded with fillers and a bunch of junk.

A good quality whey protein isolate will be pretty much carb and fat free and very low calorie.

Read the ingredient list. There shouldn't be anything like 'corn syrup, sugar, palm oil" etc listed.

Right now I am using the whey isolate that the board sponsor n2bm.com makes called wheytobuildmuscle. 1 scoop has 120 calories, 24g protein, 2g carb and 1g fat. There is no way you can get fat off using just 5 scoops of that per day.

Sounds to me like the quality of your protein powder is the issue at play.

Protein shakes are just food. If you are having too much total food you will gain fat. It isn't necessarily a particular food but just the total consumed. You need to be in a deficit if you want to lose fat.

Top Bottom