Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein bites - anyone tried before?

cat_shedinder

There is this product called protein bites byMyProtein brand. I really like the taste of them, but I am not surethat anything that tasty can be good for someone watching out for thediet. Do you know if they are fine to eat? Perhaps after a workout?

I'm familiar with the MyProtein brand (my company started at the same time as they did back in the day). Proteinbites are NOT meant to be healthy. What they are sold as and intended for is an OCCASIONAL high protein treat.

Look at the profile and ingredients:

Casein (Milk), Pea Starch, Pea Protein Isolate, Pea Fibre, Seasoning [Sugar, Salt, Skimmed Milk Powder, Acids (Lactic Acid, Calcium Lactate), Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Milk Powder, Yeast Extract, Natural Flavourings], Rape Seed Oil, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Chicory Fibre, Colour (Plain Caramel), Flavouring, Salt.

Those parts underlined by me are not that great.

I totally agree with @stevemobster. Also, pea starch is a horrible thing to take in, as it is very glycemic. Also, plain caramel....you could just eat a Snickers or a KitKat, and I think that would be healthier than these protein bites.

The problem with protein bars/cookies is that they have a lot of carbs and fat in them. To make the product into a bar or cookie, they need to add carbohydrate and fat binders. Even a low calorie protein bar is going to have at least 5-6g of fat and 20-25g of carbs.

A protein shake on the other hand will be virtually carbohydrate and fat free. You get the high quality whey protein without any of the additional calories.

You can make your own 'no bake' protein bars by mixing oatmeal, whey protein isolate and natural almond butter together. Mix it all together and make bars. Then roll the bars in shredded coconut or nut slices so they don't stick together. It'll be way higher quality then any protein bar you can buy at your local supplement store.

Top Bottom