Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein, before or after ?

NitroCBR

I just ordered a 10lb bucket of Nlarge 2. When is the protein most effective to take, before or after the workout ?
I am also planning on taking it before sleep, my goal right now is to gain some more mass and get stronger. I am not concerned about fat.
Also, I want to incorporate creatine into my supplementation. How would I go about taking creatine, with or without protein ?
How many times and when would it best to take ?

Thanks

I take 3 scoops for breakfast .... I work out around 8pm so when I get home I have a steak and a baked potato....then I have 3 scoops before bed with some flax seed oil

cheesePuss said:
I take 3 scoops for breakfast .... I work out around 8pm so when I get home I have a steak and a baked potato....then I have 3 scoops before bed with some flax seed oil

3 scoops of N-large has a large amount of carbs in it and a lot of them come from sugar so I don't think taking it before bed is the best idea. You might want to look linto a slower digesting protein with minimal carbs to take right before bed.

M18

Honestly speaking, N-Large is a really great combo of protein to carbs, as far as a post-workout shake is concerned. Throw 5-10 grams of creatine in there and you have a fantastic post-workout drink that will help to trigger protein/glycogen synthesis almost immedietly. Taking this post workout and in place of another meal during the day would help to keep those calories up high where they need to be to gain. Due to all the carbs, I wouldn't suggest taking it before bed, especially if your suseptable to gaining fat quickly. It's loaded up on high-glycemic carbs, and unless you're going to utilize them through out the day, then bed time isn't the best time to be taking it. They'll just end up storing as fat.

There is nothing about bedtime (nor 6:01 P.M.) that makes carbohydrates magically alter the laws of thermodynamics.

Agree about the slower digesting protein -- some fiber, more fibrous carbs, and fat would not be a bad idea either.

As to the original question -- I recommend pre- and postworkout meals, but it sounds like this product is more suited to post-workout.

ParDeus
Big Motherfucker bodybuilding magazine
Issue #3 now on-line.
http://www.avantlabs.com/issue3/big_mfr_issue_3.htm

Last edited:
after, no doubt about it.

You need to replenish simpe sugars that are lost during exercise(muscle glycogen) and n-large fits the bill 100% there...and gives you more than enough protien to help you gain some fast track mass!!!

Top Bottom