Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein bars as snacks

Falelexo

Have you tried Quest Beyond Cereal Bar? It is a healthy snack for those wanting to lose weight, or at least they say so. Do you think it would be a good snack for someone on diet? I am looking for something to snack, and this seemed an interesting option.

Among other things in the ingredient list it has palm oil and sucralose, so I would rather avoid this product, since those things are not good for one's health. Besides, it has a bunch of carbs. In fact, it has more carbs and fat than protein, so I don't even know why do they call these protein bars. Better have a sweet potato or something like that – it will be much healthier.

The problem with protein bars/cookies is that they have a lot of carbs and fat in them. To make the product into a bar or cookie, they need to add carbohydrate and fat binders. Even a low calorie protein bar is going to have at least 5-6g of fat and 20-25g of carbs.

A protein shake on the other hand will be virtually carbohydrate and fat free. You get the high quality whey protein without any of the additional calories.

What I would do in your circumstance is sort of make your own 'meal replacement shake'. Add some oatmeal to your whey protein shake and then have maybe some almonds and a piece of fruit a long side of it. It'll be way cheaper and be much cleaner calories.

You can also make your own 'no bake' protein bars by mixing oatmeal, whey protein isolate and natural almond butter together. Mix it all together and make bars. Then roll the bars in shredded coconut or nut slices so they don't stick together.

Top Bottom