Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Bars - A Diet Compromise?

Stryc-9

I used to eat one or two protein bars (usually low-carb) every day - but lately I have been feeling like they aren't really helping my diet.

Obviously, whole food is a smarter choice - but are the bars really that much of a nutritional compromise??

I've been hearing and reading nasty things regarding the rather high glycerine content in most "low-carb" bars (some have upwards of 20g of glycernine) and it seems as though the debate still rages - which is to say, it's still unclear to me whether glycerine and sugar alcohols ought to be counted as "carbs" (and I know they don't elevate blood sugar, etc.,) - regardless, I'm turned off by the bars lately.....

Should I feel guilty eating them or what?? How do you guys feel?

-stryc

I really dislike the protein bars from a dietary standpoint, they're mostly just glorified candy bars. Instead of eating those nasty things just have a hershey bar and a protein shake, you'll get more protein and the bar will actually taste good.:)

your gonna get mixed feelings about the bars,but i use them when i drop weight and have no problems what so ever..........

Top Bottom