Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein?

southern rage

i'm sure that everyone here consumes a good amount,and if your are like me you try to consume your weight in grams per day,my question is what is the max amount you can consume at one time and be confident your body is digesting it and your not wasting it,if you post please give examples of your protein intake and what times of day,thanks

I try to intake approximately 1.5 to 2 X(in grams) my body weight of protein. I take one at the begining of the day and one before bedtime. I also eat high protein foods such as tuna. Most of the muscle mags say to take in 1.5grams for every lb of body weight. :cool:

Southern Rage, Here's what I consume: as soon ( right after) I wake up I take a protein mixture of casein & whey protein, after wards I go to the gym and work out for 60 mins. or so, then afterwards I take in some carbs ( usually white rice ) then about 20 mins. after that I drink a whey protein mixed with fruit juice, my meals usually consist of 8 egg whites for breakfast and approx. 50 grams of some meat source for my other 3 meals, prior to going to bed I take in another protein drink consisting of egg,whey and casein. all in all it has worked very well for me I've put on about 25 lbs over 2 years.

Rage,
I usually get down around 250 grams a day and I weigh around 205 lbs. From what I've read, the quantity of protein you consume daily is much more important than the quality. However, that's not to say you're better off choosing soy over egg whites and whey, but be more concerned with just getting down your daily requirements.

I used to overanalyze my protein supplementation...I would look at amino acid profiles, BOV, concentrate vs. isolate, etc. Then I just decided it was more important to eat lots of it and don't worry too much about it.

Most of my daily protein comes comes from a couple whey shakes, tuna, sandwhich meat (lean cuts of ham and turkey), some whole milk, and cottage cheese.

I'm not sure on the amount per meal...there are varying opinions as to how much protein the body can utilize in one meal. As a general rule, I never get down much more than 50 - 60 grams in one meal. I have no scientific basis for this but it just makes common sense that it would be much more anabolic to spread your protein intake evenly throughout the day instead of mass feedings.

Don't know if I answered your question or not but maybe I helped some bro.

Last edited:
Using the per pound of body weight is not an effective way to measure your protien requirements, there are so many variables, mainly the more muscle you have the more protein you require, I personally have 60g of protein a day, I would suggest starting at 30g per meal every 2 hrs & slowly build up your protein levels each week, if you are taking in to much protien, your butt will become itchy as the ouprocessed protien will irritate your bowel, should this happenn, simply drop your protein back a little, & then slowly start to increase it again.
Guy

Lastly remember, The amount of Protein you should consume in one meal probably depends on what type it is.

It stands to reason that a Quick absorbing protein like Whey would have an upper limit for absorbsion. 35-40- Gms

Wheras as slower absorbing source like Meat could be taken in higher volumes since it will take longer to digest/absorb.

Just a logical thought...

Top Bottom