Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein

patro

What is the best solution to getting protein? Spend cash on supplements or just try to eat high protein foods?

I'm 27, 5'11", 193lbs. Lifting 4 days per week and doing cardio.

-Patro

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

its based on time. if you have the time to eat all the protein you require go for it. another factor is price. meats expensive, some protein powders, per serving, compared to cuts of meat can be cheaper.
absorption time is another factor. some whey protein absorb very quickly vs digesting a steak etc.
tons of factors involved. if you can get it all from whole food, thats all good. thats alot of eating though.

I take 2-3 shakes daily, that's what is what most do. It good to take a shake immediately after your workout since your muscles are craving protein. The shakes have a quicker absorption rate.

OK cool. Here in Singapore, there are GNCs everywhere, and a few other similar-type stores. What kind of protein shakes are the best to buy or all they all essentially the same. I don't know how the hell to tell which is the right one. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

------------------

Take one whey shake post-workout and pack on some tuna, eggs and milk for other times.

------------------
"The more you read, the more you learn, the more you grow!"

ooooh. the gnc's in singapore are expensive. i bought from them when i was there in 96, ouch but i did what i had to do. hehe.

BigNate----

What were you doing here in Singapore? Visiting? I'm originally from Oregon, but just live here.

I checked it out....one big-ass can of whey protein ranges from about US$70 to US$210.

That's a lot, I'd say.

But to ship from proteinfactory.com (UPS) it's even more!!!

------------------

Top Bottom