Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

prolactin and chasteberry

meat19

does chasteberry lower prolactin levels and how much do i have to take a day to lower it. what does prolactin do. what else lowers it?

I have never heard of Chasteberry, even tried looking it up.

In regards to Prolactin: It acts on the breasts to stimulate milk production. Why you would like to try to attempt to lower or inhibit production of this hormone i have no idea. And i seriouly doubt that Chasteberry will do anything for it. Prolactin is a hormone released from the anterior pituitary gland. The anterior pituitary gland releases hormones like follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), leutenizing hormone (LH), adrenocorticotropin hormone (ACTH), thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), and Growth Hormon (GH).

Point being of all of this.... I seriously doubt that herb would do anything for Prolactin levels. It would have to affect the pituitary gland in order to do this. And Prolactin is more involved w/ breastfeeding than anything else. It's main use is stimulation of milk production. Let me know if you got other questions.

peace

chasteberry 0r VITEX AGNUS- does suppress prolactin... prolactins can cause GYNO-- one of the reasons that GHB can cause GYNO.

Bromocriptine is another option.. as to dosage for chasteberry- people have been using 1-2g per day with good results (look on AF)

I would have never thought that Prolactin would leave males prone to gyno. I just thought gyno was related to progesterone and estrogen. Well learned something new today.

Does every male react to increased prolactin in the same way? I've been doing some searches on ghb and it seems only a very few people mentioned gyno. These were extremely heavy users of ghb. Most heavy users noticed nothing.

My understanding was that chasteberry stimulates natural progesterone levels slightly, which may have an anti-estrogen as well as anti-prolactin effect in men. Prolactin is a hormone that in men, is kinda like estrogen, cortisol, insulin, etc, in that it tends to rise with age, suppressing hormones like gh, T, etc.

Bromocriptine is an anti-prolactin it works by enhancing the sensitivity to dopamine (essentiually turning up the volume of dopamine at the receptor level), this then works to suppress prolactin via the neurotransmitter influence. Some people have to be careful with bromo as its dose response curve is quite steep, so it is easy to overdose.

Last edited:
I wish i had meat19 money to spend on supps i would be rich or at least on a vitamin store in his area!

Top Bottom