Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

potent Antioxidant

riskybizz007

Hey guys just wondering what you guys used as your antioxidant. I've used coQ10, pycogenicol, and vitamins. I was looking for a potent antioxidant and at what doseages to take it at. This is the time i get sick when the temp starts dropping here... anyone use anything good that helps prevents colds??

Yeah ALA is an antioxidant and pretty good too actually. It's both water soluble and fat soluble so you get best of both worlds. Some say it's very good antioxidant, and at first i thought the same. I'm still looking for something more potent that i could take post workout or when i'm starting to get sick.

help?

If you want to prevent (and cure) colds you could try
large doses of vitamin C (2-5 g)
Zinc (20-90 mg)

I saw this on discovery/TLC or CNN a while back. Can't remember which, the product is Astafactor an Astaxanthin supplement. They, Aquasearch, claim to have one of the strongest antioxidants out there. They also site numerous studies to support this claim.

I have tried it, but not really willing to vouch for per se.
http://www.astafactor.com/antioxidant.htm

I use the above, ALA, Glutamine Peptides, CoQ10 and Siliphos (a "bio-enhanced" Milk Thistle), and vitamine C. I keep everything in at the low to moderate range for recommended dosages.

On the plus side, I haven't been sick (cold, flu, etc) for more than (literally) 12hrs in almost 2 years now. That's about when I started taking Glutamine and ALA. I used to get several colds a year. Who knows if there's a relationship on that count, but I did notice too many other changes (body composition, recovery rates, etc) right after starting the glutamine/ALA to ignore those two. On the other hand, I have no idea what the impact of all the other crap has been...

bro i am like you in that i was getting sick frequently too. I started taking the multivitamins twice daily and it helped a little. Then when i started taking ALA it helped a great deal. But once symptoms of a cold start the only thing that has been effective at knocking it out is Echinacea and CoQ10. I would use the CoQ10 more frequently but it's so damn expensive i can't take it on a more frequent basis. So i was looking for another antioxidant possibly stronger than ALA but not as expensive. There's a few out there but they are tooooo expensive.

That's pretty much been my experience. Almost like there's a whole bunch of designer antioxidants with designer prices...

Have you checked out www.supplementwatch.com? They've got tons of info. I haven't really used their site to research antioxidants too much, but I have checked out their info on immune building supplements. I really hate getting sick. Anyhow, they have a pretty good section on immune boosting and some of that stuff really isn't too expensive.

thanks bro i'll check out the site, i haven't been to that site in a long time i even forgot it existed. But hopefully i can find something there. I am like you in the same way w/ my immune system.

Hey, also check out Zicam. Think that's the product....

It's basically a zinc product along the lines of those zinc lozengers of years ago. They proved to be only somewhat effective, but Zicam is a nasal spray that's supposed to be more effective. Again, based on THEIR own research. I used it several times about two years ago. I think It helped me in that although I had several colds they were all only "minor" instead of the full blown deal that I would usually get...

Top Bottom