Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

postworkout wehn bulking

110%

would it be ok if i just use 40 grams of whey protein from GNC 100 % whey protein (2 scoops) and 75 grams of dextrose after my workout or would i get better results with a weight gainer, maybe n-large. im assuming it doestn really matter since waht i am using is basicailly the same but if im wrong plz tell me

i am in bulking right now
i take 60grams protein (whey) and about 50 grams of dextrose postworkout
save those weoght gainers for during the day

Benzi that much protein i believe will blunt your insulin spike on your shake. Check out Monstar's post above, there is a diet and part of it requires 2 shakes post workout. 1 w/ carbs and protein, the next one w/ just protein. In any case i'd take 1/3 of your protein out of that shake and drink the 1/3 of protein you saved for the next shake before the solid meal.

I take a shake consisting of 40g Hydrolized Whey and aminos plus 80g Dextrose/maltodextrin. Then I have a "regular" meal an hour later.

riskybizz007 said:
Benzi that much protein i believe will blunt your insulin spike on your shake.

Actually, it will increase it.

However, one would get 4-5 grams of fat from 2 scoops of a wpc -- that could have an effect, though I don't it is particularly significant.

Also, I would reccommend considerably more than 50 or so carbs on a bulking phase. More like 200.

ParDeus
www.avantlabs.com

Whey protein will increase insulin output...any type of fat will blunt it...so stay away from fat post workout. Hydrolized Whey is best after a workout with simple sugars. My formula for bulking...post workout shake...1/4 gr protein per lb of bodyweight and for carbs, 1/2 gr per lb of bodyweight.

If you weigh 200.....50 g pro and 100 g carb...

110%, I have been in the bulking phase for a little while. I switched from myoplex to Prolabs NLarge2 vanilla. I love the tatste of it. I have been adding weight steadily since taking it. People have been noticing I have been bulking up. I take two servings a day and usally break it down. I have one first thing in the morning upon rising and I have another right after my workout. Someitmes I will drink one at night before I go to bed to help add to the bulk. Stuffs great and I have tried a lot of different supps. IT may take some time but you will add weight. Good luck and keep training.

Top Bottom