Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post workout/Recovery Drink suggestions?

surf4yhvh

Right now I'm doing 52 grams whey protein isolate and 18 ounces of fruit juice (approx 80-100 grams carbs/sugars) post workout. I mix it up in a shaker in the locker room to start recovery ASAP. My Theory is get everything in liquid form so your body can process it and get it to the muscle when it's needed most. My drink is getting kinda outdated but I'm always majorly pumped for hours afterwards, I think it's due to the timing. I need something I can mix at the gym, to stop catabolism ASAP. Protein to repair the damage and rebuild, and carbs/sugar to replace glycogen. Any suggestions would be great. PS - I used to add 5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate but it started making me seriously bloated because I'm on test so I stopped.

Mabye some maltodextrin instead of the fruit juice. It would give an even quicker insulin spike and curb catabolism that much faster.

I use 50 grams of dextrose when trying to stay lean, and around 75 when bulking. Dextrose is a monosaccaride and hits fast. Maltodextrin has also shown to work fast. I actually just read a study that said starchy pastas and stuff cause a high fast insulin spike even though they are complex carbs. It has to do with glycemic index (GI) and insulin index (II).

krishna said:
I use 50 grams of dextrose when trying to stay lean, and around 75 when bulking. Dextrose is a monosaccaride and hits fast. Maltodextrin has also shown to work fast. I actually just read a study that said starchy pastas and stuff cause a high fast insulin spike even though they are complex carbs. It has to do with glycemic index (GI) and insulin index (II).

Doesn't pasta take a long time to digest and get to the muscle though? I thought liquids are assimilated fastest. I know maltodextrin has the highest glycemic index (I think it's 106) but I like to try and stay as natural as possible. Sounds like I'm doing the best I can if I stay with natural products. I've tried those post workout recovery 100 gram Carb drinks from ABB, but they have so many chemicals in them it scares the heck out of me. Thanks for the suggestions.

surf4yhvh said:
Doesn't pasta take a long time to digest and get to the muscle though? I thought liquids are assimilated fastest. I know maltodextrin has the highest glycemic index (I think it's 106) but I like to try and stay as natural as possible. Sounds like I'm doing the best I can if I stay with natural products. I've tried those post workout recovery 100 gram Carb drinks from ABB, but they have so many chemicals in them it scares the heck out of me. Thanks for the suggestions.

Ya I'm not sure I totally understood what they were saying about the starchy foods. Didn't make much sense to me either. It was out of a testosterone magazine and they were making fun of Jared from subway....haha. But if maltodextrin is faster than dextrose, that's also interesting because dextrose is a monosaccaride, and it would seem it would be faster then maltodextrin. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Dextrose is slightly faster that maltodextrin, therefore use them both for slightly different, yet very fast digestion times. Also, dextrose and maltodextrin are both natural, as they are made from corn.

Top Bottom