Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post workout nutrition -yes - no!?

Macedog24

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
PSL Sponsor
Post Workout Nutrition- is it necessary.

This is a topic that will get different opinions for sure.

Some people will say you should get in macros right after your workout. Others will say it is not necessary as long as your consuming the set amount of daily calories/nutrients you need to hit each day...

While i agree to an extent, i believe there are Windows of timing to better utilize our nutrients we are consuming.

Personally, i believe right after a workout is one of them. You just depleted your nutrients and glycogen stores. Some of your muscle proteins have been broken down.

So naturally replenishing them is key to help rebuild your muscle protein and replenish your glycogen. This will help stimulate new muscle growth.

Consuming protein(amino acids) will help build and repair these proteins and new muscle tissue.

Your glycogen stores are used as fuel and depleted during exercise and strenuous activity, consuming carbs within minutes after your workout will help replenish them .

Now consuming both protein and carbs together will maximize protein and glycogen synthesis.

What is everyones opinion?

Do you take something after you workout?

What do do you consume?

I wanna hear everyones opinions ans what do you do.

there are 2 types of people

1. people who are naive to think that they will one day be Mr. Olympia or make money bodybuilding and
2. everyone else which makes up 99.9% of the population

for the first group yes you should eat, eat, and eat to grow. and take your supps, steroids, and other drugs.. either you will grow like a weed and look like a gladiator.

the 2nd group follows that protocol and they will just get fat.

so to answer the question my answer is for 99.9% of us normal people there is no window after a workout. and that has been proven by BOTH science and real life experience. that is why i chuckle when i see some 120 pound 20 year old at the gym finish their workout (mostly bicep curls of course) and sprint to the protein bar and order up a big shake cause they 'gotta get dem gains!" of course Joe Weider and his scam supplements of the 80's popularized this stupid post workout window bs, he put it in all his magazines and millions bought his bullshit supps. marketing works, and most of those people look like shit go figure

Top Bottom