Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pls. post NEUROGENEX feedback HERE

Also... another question...

I am thinking of mixing this stuff with Adrafanil...

any comments with regards to the efficacy/safety of such a mix?

Thanks!

JJ

JibbyJabba said:
Also... another question...

I am thinking of mixing this stuff with Adrafanil...

any comments with regards to the efficacy/safety of such a mix?

Thanks!

JJ

adrafanil is a selective alpha 1 agonist, should be fine as far as mixing... though the adrafanil may mute some of the effects... you may or may not have noticed that it imparts somewhat a "distal" sense of the world..

JibbyJabba said:
I had an easier time studying yesterday... was it due to the Neuro? Possibly...possibly placebo effect as well.

I'm a very "right-brained" type of person and I am studying for my LSAT. The portion I have the biggest problem with is the logic games section, which requires very "left-brained" thinking. I seem to have noticed that, since I've begun taking Neuro, the games have become a bit easier to figure out...

Again, maybe this is purely placebo... I dunno...

Also... the euphoria induced by Neuro is lost on me until I throw some caffeine into the mix...

Here's a question...

After studying yesterday, peer pressure won out and I went out for a few drinks... I didn't have very many, but even when I indulge only slightly in alcohol, my mental acuity is always somewhat diminished the next day...

Not today, however...

I think I recall reading that Piracetam has been shown, in mice, to prevent brain damage from alchohol poisoning... I could be wrong.

Is there something in the Neuro, possibly the piracetam analogue, that might be good for those of us who drink on occasion, with regards to brain protection?

Thanks!

JJ

Acetyl-l-Carnitine blocks ethanols toxicity to a point.

i.e. you need more alcohol to induce intoxication.

There's several studies showing this. It is used in alcoholics.

Try it. Tke 5g ALcar and drink one day, then drink another day w/o the Alcar.

You'lll notice a marked difference.

FOnz

Fonz said:

Acetyl-l-Carnitine blocks ethanols toxicity to a point.

i.e. you need more alcohol to induce intoxication.

There's several studies showing this. It is used in alcoholics.

Try it. Tke 5g ALcar and drink one day, then drink another day w/o the Alcar.

You'lll notice a marked difference.

FOnz

If there is one thing I like, it's experiments with alcohol :D

macrophage69alpha said:

You should post my AF log here. It will help people understand how Neurogenex works and what to expect from it.

Fonz

Originally posted by Fonz at Anabolic Fitness

posted 07-06-2003 02:22 AM
I decided to do a log of how this product affects my cognition, memory etc.... in specific time frames.

I just had one problem with the formulation(NOt Hup-A..thats a different story).

Vinpocetine: 2mg cap*3 = 6mg

Thats not enough IMO, so if you'e taking neurogenex its a good idea to add a 10mg cap of vinpo/day.

Started yesterday, 4th July 3 caps/day + 10mg Vinpo

5th July(today): Still nothing to post about.
Have an exam on the 7th and also a project due then(doing it tommorrow Sunday)...so we shall see if this stuff makes a difference.

1200mg 2-0x0-Pyrr(Piracetam) per 3 caps.....Ok. Thats going to take about 5 weeks to actually get me going considering piracetam is started at 3200mg for a week then 800mg from then on, from regular nootropic programs.

SO, Week 1 = 3200 * 7 = 22 400mg

Week 1 Neurogenex = 1200*7 = 8400mg

Equation: 22 400 + 800(x) = 8400 + 1200(x)

This is just the time it would take the piracetam to reach its full effect.

400x = 14000
x = 35 days

So, you're going to have to take the neurogenex for about 35 days to see the effects of the piracetam......the longest acting of the nootropics.(memory recall specially)

The rest work quickly.

SO basically days < 35 I should see an improvement in cognition and learning and in Days > 35, I should see an improvement in cognition, learning, memory and recall.

Of course, adding Piracetam to the neurogenex would spped things along.......but I don't have any lying around just vinpo. Drat.

Oh well.....I'll buy a couple of more neurogenex in a week or two if all goes well.

Fonz

>>
>>

I am trying to give an un-biased commentary of
the product.

One thing I did notice today(July 6th), it works much better on an empty stomach.

Fonz

>>
>>

posted 07-06-2003 11:59 PM
Starting tommrrow, I'm going to take 6/day.

3AM and 3 PM.

I really don't feel like waiting 35 days for the pira to kick in.

So, the piracetams effects will now be seen in 17.5 days according to my calculations(Doubled the dose...so invert the days to pira saturation)

>>
>>

posted 07-07-2003 09:08 AM
Popped 6 and got a nice buzz........

It was actually pretty good.

Visual acuity is I believe better. COgnition...don't know yet.

The visual acuity is def. the vinpo...has to be.

>>
>>

posted 07-13-2003 06:14 PM
Day 7:

One thing to report.

I'm waking up at 6:30 Am with no problems and its like zoom from the get-go. This in reference to a perfectly lucid state. Just "awake" not groggy or anything like that.

Before, I needed a good old NYC to get me going, and not be zombie-like until 9AM.

Still 10 days till the Pira kicks in, need to buy another bottle soon as at 6 pills/day I'll be running out soon.

>> Fast forward
>>

posted 07-24-2003 08:46 PM
Day 17 btw......9 pills left. Good timing as my next shipment gets here in 2 days. (Make that 1)

I'm going to try to do a little memory recall experimnt on myself with a deck of cards to see if the pira works.

I have an excellent memory, and if the neurogenex manages to enhance it, I will be very pleasantly surprised....and buy neurogenex by the bucketful of course.... lol

I've grown tired of buying nootropics from a veritable panoply of places, and some in powder to boot(Capping.......aghhhh.. )

>>
>>

Day 31....end log.

Went on a loading phase of 6 caps/day for 18 days to reach the saturation point of piracetam(Or 2-oxo), and then had about 2 weeks to enjoy the benefits of the all the facets of the nootropic.

Rating: 8.5/10

It would get a 9.5/10 if the vinpocetine was increased from 6mg(per 3 caps) to 15mg(per 3 caps). I simply added a 10mg Vinpo tab from the Vitamin Shoppe(6+10=16mg). Vinpo at the dosage I specified has been shown to increase glucose up-take to the brain by a stastistically significant amount. It will also provide you with unparallelled ocular protection(Vinpo is a great supp for the eyes)

After R-ALA, and Glutagain, I think this is my next favourite AF supplement.(I do not tolerate T-rex very well btw).

Definately buying some more.

Fonz

with respect to vinpocetine- the amounts needed for effect are much smaller given the synergy-- (used alone higher doses like those you indicate are necessary) otherwise would have included more (its not a particularly expensive ingredient as compared to some others.. ie galantamine 35k per kg and hup 15k per kg)

though if you take t-rex you will get that extra 10mg easily (though aware thats not an option in your case fonz.. maybe in the winter it may treat you better.. the heat and long workouts may have had some impact on your particular tolerance)

Top Bottom