Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

P Seven

Been using the P7 for about 2 weeks now. I use about a full pipette over a day. About 1/4 on each forearm in the morning and 1/4 on each forearm at night. I am noticing a slight increased libido - it doesn't take a lot to get me thinking about sex and really feeling a need to, well, you know.... :horny:

Also feeling more calm about things now. I am very stressed right now - in graduate school full time, teaching 3rd grade 2 days a week and working 30 hours a week at my paying job. I was feeling WAY overwhelmed and over-extended. I started the P7 and now I totally feel like I have everything under control. I stopped waking up in the middle of the night worrying about what I have to do, and that I have no time to do it! My stress level is almost non-existant. And I am actually getting mroe done becasue I am not spending more time worrying about it! It is great!

BUT - am noticing oily skin too. I am breaking out and I don't like it. I have very normal skin, few to no breakouts EVER. Now I am using a acne fighting face wash, hopefully that will help. The breakouts aren't major, and probably nobody really notices them but me, but I don't like it..... :(

I do highly recommend it, but I wonder if I'll keep using it if the breakouts continue.... Keep me in mind when the orange version is available....

the breakouts should dissipate.. they are probably due to changes in thyroid levels.. this is still being evaluated... which are a desired and expected benefit of use..

however.. all feedback is appreciated.. and suggestions as well as critiques will shape any changes in future versions as well as the final version of the woman specific formula...

Daisy_Girl said:
Been using the P7 for about 2 weeks now. I use about a full pipette over a day. About 1/4 on each forearm in the morning and 1/4 on each forearm at night. I am noticing a slight increased libido - it doesn't take a lot to get me thinking about sex and really feeling a need to, well, you know.... :horny:

Also feeling more calm about things now. I am very stressed right now - in graduate school full time, teaching 3rd grade 2 days a week and working 30 hours a week at my paying job. I was feeling WAY overwhelmed and over-extended. I started the P7 and now I totally feel like I have everything under control. I stopped waking up in the middle of the night worrying about what I have to do, and that I have no time to do it! My stress level is almost non-existant. And I am actually getting mroe done becasue I am not spending more time worrying about it! It is great!

:p

My 2 cents:

I've been using pregnenolone (and sometimes DHEA) for my FMS for about a year now based on the Ray Peat protocol, and it really IS great stuff! Stomps out depression - almost immediately. Improves sleep, increases vividness of dreams, and libido. (I think I've even recommended it to a couple of folks here on these boards.)

My experience with pregn. is that I did notice immediate "attitude" changes - i.e. less of a waste basket, more assertive, happier and even keeled.

After a month I noticed improvement in muscle tone and found a couple of "cuts" in thighs & arms where none were before, yet I didn't do anything to put them there. Very nice. :) I also noticed a huge improvement in skin tone and elasticity (I'm 39, so that makes a difference)

After two months, I noticed that I no longer had to shave my legs as often - the hair just wasn't growing back hardly at all, and the few hairs on my lower belly were gone. I also experienced an increase in libido back to my normal "pre-FMS" levels (voracious).

After three months, I found that it was converting to something - well - nasty - and I became short-tempered. I stopped taking it for a couple of months and then situations occured that dumped me into a huge depression that even a prescription AD didn't help. I remembered my pregn. and started taking it again, and felt relief after the first dose. Since then, I have been taking it a couple of times a week - rather than every day - to keep from overloading and getting "testy". ;)

I haven't had a chance to try the P7 yet, but probably will, since my wholesale source of pregn. has just dried up. (harumph)

I have a couple comments and a couple questions about the P7 -

1. first comment is that the oily skin & acne being experienced by the ladies is probably due to the DHEA - this is really very common with women taking DHEA.

2. Fonz is probably not noticing anything because he is a healthy YOUNG man who is producing enough pregn. of his own. Early testing of pregn. was done on young men, and found it didn't do much of anything and so research was dropped. Later studies showed that older and ill persons did, however, benefit from pregnenolone.

3. I think it's Ray Peat that claims that pregn. will convert to progesterone - which is something women will really need - so I would definitely NOT back down on the pregn. in the women's formula. I don't have anything to back this up entirely, but it's my suspicion that progesterone is ALSO responsible for libido in women, as it is a relaxing hormone - which is often really the issue with us. Whatever pregn. converts to - progesterone or testosterone - it really does produce increased libido by increasing feelings of confidence, well being, reducing stress, improving self perception, etc. I have also spoken with several older gentlemen (late 50's) who told me that pregnenolone & progesterone together regained them their sexual ability by reducing their performance anxiety and also by raising their testosterone levels. Progesterone is slower than DHEA for improving libido, but doesn't cause acne, and improves PMS symptoms to boot.

4. Does it grow breasts? Um - don't know - mine aren't any bigger after a year. However, I WAS able to lose a bunch of weight a couple months ago without losing much there. MS - the reason your S.O. experienced breast tenderness & hungries is probably because pregnenolone does convert to progesterone - and a sudden increase of progesterone in those who are deficient can bring on an initial, but very temporary, slew of estrogen dominance symptoms. Some women starting pregnenolone therapy, and even more starting progesterone therapy, find that for the first two or three months their PMS symptoms were exacerbated. This is because progesterone can act as an estrogen agonist and actually set off "estrogen actions" - ie., increased hunger, water retention, tender breasts, weepiness, etc. This might be why it has a reputation for breast growth. This is really a big hurdle for a lot of women who would really benefit from pregn. or progest. I had to "sneak up" on it, myself, and my first couple of periods were hell. You didn't say how long she used the pregn., but many experts say that it may take as long as 5 months to adjust - but the long term benefits are definitely worth it!

So after all that, here are my questions:

1. How is dosage measured? Mgs per pipette?

2. Any chance of coming out with a a DHEA-free version?

3. There is currently a bill in the house or congress (tells you how politically observant *I* am) that is being considered that will make pregnenolone & DHEA controlled substances. (Sheesh!) How will this affect the production of P7 - as a topical preparation will it affect it at all?

I'd be happy to test it and provide experienced feedback - especially in comparison with oral pregnenolone.

Fawn
pregnenolone junkie

Last edited:
Posted by fawnmarie:

2. Fonz is probably not noticing anything because he is a healthy YOUNG man who is producing enough pregn. of his own. Early testing of pregn. was done on young men, and found it didn't do much of anything and so research was dropped. Later studies showed that older and ill persons did, however, benefit from pregnenolone.

That is a very interesting assertion. This in reference of the fact that i din't get the calming effect.

But what about at night w/melatonin(6mg)?

Does pregnelonone(It is a hormone) levels decrease at night...if this is the case, then it should readily explain why it puts me ina deep sleep quickly.

I have time today, so I'll try to research it.

MY bet right now is, that pregnenolone levels do decrease at night. Pregnenolone is a pre-cursor to DHEA,estradiol, and testerone. And test levels are lowest at night(highest in the AM), So, extrapolating from this pregnenolone levels ahould be also be low at night.(All theoretical right now)

Fonz

fawn

it contains 7-oxo-dhea.. which is non hormonal in its activity.. the oily skin is probably, though not assuredly still, an effect of this due to a raise in thyroid.

the womens formula has progesterone in it, though small amounts..

Fonz,

Well, I'm no biochemist - just remembering what I have read and my own experiences with pregnenolone...

Pregnenolone is pretty much a precursor for ALL the steroid hormones - gonadal and glutocortocoid...

I tried it when I was about 33 and it didn't do a damn thing for me. My concern at the time was just anti-aging, and I noticed no differences whatsoever with use. I've been a life-long insomniac, and it didn't help then, either - even WITH melatonin (although I realize now I just wasn't taking enough).

Pregnenolone is emotionally calming, but not really sedative, and best used for stressful conditions moreso than for sleep. It's never made me sleepy - even now.

It's my guess that it was the melatonin that put you out. 6 mgs knocks me out like a flannel-wrapped brick!

Did 6 mgs of melatonin knock you before?

Excessive amounts of progesterone are said to be sedative, but that's assuming the pregn. is converted to progesterone which isn't something that can be controlled or assumed. Besides, I don't think you'd want enough progest. to get the job done. Men have shown improvement in attitude with small amounts - but these were, as I said - post-andropause men.

Fonz, you've always seemed to me to be someone with a great mental attitude, positive self image and as I said - healthy and young. If you are just using it to knock you out, it might not help, although in the long run it should improve the QUALITY of your sleep. (Falling asleep and staying asleep seem to be interelated but controlled ultimately by different hormones and neurochemicals.) If you are pissy and agitated all the time, it might help. You've never struck me as the sort that is.

If one is "testy" from a cycle, has PMS, is under a lot of stress at work or in their relationships, is long-term or chronically ill, has been overtraining, restricting food intake, has seratonin withdrawl from low-carbing or other stress inducing, cortisol pumping situations, the stuff is priceless. It's also great for offsetting the age-related imbalance of GH to cortisol - which is probably not an issue for you at this point.

Fawn

macrophage69alpha said:
fawn it contains 7-oxo-dhea.. which is non hormonal in its activity..

Macro - thanks for the clarification. I will have to look further into this. An improvement in thyroid function is a GOOD thing.

Fawn

fawnmarie - thanks for all your comments. They were very interesting and informative!

Even with slight breakouts, I am very happy with P7.

fawnmarie (or anyone else) -

what is the average recommended dose of pregnenolone and/or DHEA for it to be effective?

Top Bottom