Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

optimum protein...

what do you guys think about this protein powder? It carries 22grams of protein in each serving, i remember stew saying it was underdosed....does anyone really know?

I have used it for almost a year now and I love it...Good quality, cheap and does not taste that bad (even in water)

M18

Optimum tastes great and is cheap--42.99 for 10 bags last time I checked at jesupgym.com

As far as being underdosed, that's the risk you take when buying any protein powder. Optimum is a pretty well-known company so I doubt that they would take any more risks of underdosing their products than another well-known company like Muscletech. They probably both use similar technologies, so I would guess optimum's is just as accurately labeled as any other well-known company. One this to be aware of is that the serving size with their 100% whey is one heaping scoop rather than one level scoop.

I've never been one to trust Optimum, or any other company that puts out bulk whey. I just feel that when you get as much as you do for as little money as they charge, something has got go give, and trust me, they aren't just giving this stuff away for nothing. As far as I'm concerned, you get what you pay for in most situations. With a lot of supplements, unfortunately, you pay more for the company, rather than the product (MuscleTech). Though, a company like Next Nutrition or Met-Rx, I feel is more reputable and makes a higher quality product. I don't regret spending a few more dollars if I know it's on a product that's worth it in the long run.

ISN_Man said:
I've never been one to trust Optimum, or any other company that puts out bulk whey. I just feel that when you get as much as you do for as little money as they charge, something has got go give, and trust me, they aren't just giving this stuff away for nothing. As far as I'm concerned, you get what you pay for in most situations. With a lot of supplements, unfortunately, you pay more for the company, rather than the product (MuscleTech). Though, a company like Next Nutrition or Met-Rx, I feel is more reputable and makes a higher quality product. I don't regret spending a few more dollars if I know it's on a product that's worth it in the long run.

good point

Bulk protein powders(like optimum and eas 5lb tubs) are mainly, if not all, whey protein concentrate. Whey Protein Concentrate is extremely cheap, I would not be surpised if the big companies get it at somewhere around .50 cents a pound. There are different concentrations of course, I would guess they buy the 80%, but this is just a wild guess.

Many Non-bulk protein powders may also be mostly whey protein concentrate. Notice how muslce-tech says they use a 97% whey isolate, but whey protein concentrate appears before the isolate on the ingriedents list indicating that WPC is of higher content. I think designer also uses mostly WPC. I think the best money can buy(in the US) is straight from the manufactor or from a place that sells bulk % powders if you want to have a piece of mind.

Maybe metrx meets there label claims for protein, but they do not use all whey and I think that makes it easier. I have heard though that they have overdosed the fat in the past in their bars. Designer probably is accurate, if its not, then that is terrible since the price is tremendous for WPC.

Top Bottom