Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olive Oil/Flaxseed Oil

bump on this....

i have homemade olive oil that my grandmother in greece makes from fresh olives. I have gallons of it at my house so i am curious on this too!

In terms of LA and LNA ratios, antioxidant properties and amino acids etc. they are comparable. Hemp oil is slightly better than both of them overall.

So instead of taking that nasty flaxseed oil everyday. I could just add a little olive oil to my meals.:p

Nautica

the massquantities flax oil i got is a helluva lot better tasting than olive oil to me. After ingesting a couple tbsp of olive oil it seems to make me sick at my stomach, flax oil doesnt do that though...

oil and flax seed are 2 different oils with different EFAs
you need both

Regular olive oil has a strong flavor to it, use extra virgin or light olive oil and it's much easier to consume. I mix it in tuna, pasta, and I've even dumped it on top of green beans with no probs. No it's not as good all around as flax oil, but who cares. You shouldn't rely on supplements year round, people need to learn how to eat healthy with "real" foods. Do you honestly see yourself consuming flax oil 365 days a year for the next 40 years? I don't, I just get my good fats from natural sources like salmon, omega-3 eggs, olive oil, peanuts, etc...

Besides flax oil isn't the best EFA supplement anyways. Hemp oil, Udo's choice and especially fish oils all have a better omega 3/6 ratio than flax. Flax has somehow become the defacto standard for EFA supplementation though it isn't the best.

Top Bottom