Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Old Man wants some supplement info

35andfeel19

Just getting back into working out. I'm looking to make muscle gains and I'm not to worried about cutting and wont be for a while. Ya gotta have muscle to look good cut. If I cut now I'd end up looking like Olive Oil (The cartoon character).

Anyway, I'm currently using Optimuns 100% whey (Pre and post workout), Creatine (Pre-workout) a multi-vitamin (Centrum) and a ZMA supplement.

Any suggestions on how I can improve my supplement routine? I was thinking of switching to Optimums PRO formula (50 grams vs 22 grams of protien) but I read that the body can only efficiently utilize 25 to 30 grams of protien in a given period of time.

I wasn't planning on using any of the Pro-Hormones (Do these even work?) for another 6 months because I want to see what my results will be without them.

When I was younger we had a whole lot less choice. Basically it boiled down to Protien shakes and eating like a horse.

I've already read through most of the threads.

Thinking of adding Flaxseed oil and Glucosime Sulfate.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here's my advice:

Move creatine supplementation to within 10 minutes of post-workout. Move protein supplementation to within 2 hours post-workout in 1 or 2 other times during the day depending on how much protein you are currently getting in your diet.

I don't use ZMA, so I can't comment on that, but I would also add Vitamin C and Vitamin E in addition to your multivitamin. Both assist your post-workout recovery.

I've heard too many people say that pro-hormones are a rip off to endorse them.

get a better multivitamin. centrum's absorption is rougly 35%.

no need to switch protein...the only thing they did to get more protein is up the serving size. all marketing amigo.

prohormones could work for you. it works differently for everyone. most will say stay away, but i had decent results, so did others. i wouldnt use them for a while though since you are just getting back in the swing of things.

creatine and glutamine might be helpful.

Get the basics in order, and then see what happens after a few months.

This is what I do:

MRP's
Postworkout blend of carbs and protein in specific ratios.
Antioxidant blend (i use Super Antiox by Opitimum)
Creatine
Flax Oil

I like this list, and have had good steady success with it.

I'd make sure you were getting all you vitamins and minerals first as they are necessary for optimum body functions.

I personally find creatine to be a usefull supplement and would suggest taking it after your work out which has been suggested to increase absoption.

Flax oil is also a good idea as is supplies essential fatty acids.

------------------
It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats

Top Bottom