Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

noob that needs help with sups...(really skinny/tall guy)

gunsdiesel

okay, don't flame, i searched and found some answers, but jesus there's a ton of threads on this message board..
First off, I'm getting back into lifting, and I have a really messed up frame.
I'm 6'2-6'3 and weigh about 160lbs. I'm extremely skinny, and I figured I would start using supplements to add a little boost. I have a big tub of protein powder, and creatine powder in my closet from a while ago that never got used due to me not knowing when and how much to take. So what would your recomendations be for me on how to bulk up? what kind of supplements, what time should i take them, and what types of work outs I should do.

any help is appreciated.
thanks

I"m seeing some really nice gains with the MRI product NO2.....plus i wouldn't use that creatine i would go to the af store and order the new cee which is a lot better than the old creatine or so people have said. I like NO2 it helps recovery faster

because I'm so skinny, are there any foods out there that are actually bad for me?
ex. fastfood

because at hardee's they have the double monster thick burger which is like:
1400 calories
96 g fat
56 g protein
60 g carbs

and from looking around the forums, i need atleast.....
3000 calories
480g carbs
240g protein
64g fat
.....a day to begin gaining some weight

hell this sandwhich would take care of half of the calories needed,lol
i know i would need much more protein in my diet, as well as carbs, but i was just wondering if i should stay away from foods such as these....god knows i love 'em though

thanks again

What kind of creatine do you have? I assume if its old then it's mono, and I would probably use 5g, 2x a day, before and after workout with a carb source like gatorade, and then again on your off days as well.

As far as supplements, creatine and protein are basics and I would leave it there. Use whole food as your number one supplement. With a build like yours you just need to eat eat eat. 200+ g of protein per day, I would do 3500 rather than 3000 calories , and split them 40 40 20 protein carbs fats

As far as your monster thingee burger.....let me just say.....HELLL NO, SWEET JESUS! That's like 5 cheat meals for some of us in one! 96g of fat that is probably ALL saturated and transfat, low grade protein, and simple carbs. I can think of very few things that are worse for you. Go for whole grains, rice, sweet potatoes etc. Look for fairly lean cuts of chicken beef and pork. Then take those clean foods and eat them 6-8 times a day, I never put on more muscle and less fat than when I started eating 8+ times a day.

I almost forgot about your protein powder, I would use it twice a day Pre-workout and PWO. Get some complex carbs (like oats), and add milk in the pre-workout shake, then mix ONLY water in the post workout shake, followed an hour later by a full meal.

Feel free to shoot out any other questions you may ahve, and good luck getting huge!

Last edited:
Everything is good or ok in moderation, too much of ANYTHING will kill you. The thing about those burgers is that it will make your body work so hard to break down that fat (specifically your liver) Your liver makes the enzyme that breaks fats down. Although some fat is good for you, this much 96 g times 2= 192 grams! This means OVER half your calorie intake is from fat (per gram : carbs:4 calories, protein:4 cal, alcohol:7 cal, and fat :9 cal!) You will mess your liver up pretty dang bad, and you will quickly develope problems similar to an alcoholic. If you see super size me( which I have not yet) They probably explain a lot of it in there. I know I love the Good Times Guacamole bacon burger, but due to health reasons and the thing costs 3 bucks, I only get them 1-2 times a week.

Some things that are high in carbs you want are:
Fruit, Veggies, Bread, and Noodles. (yeah, you have heard this probably plenty)

Then for protein:
Chicken(Tyson has some good chicken strips), and pretty much all other meats.
Peanut butter is full of protein too. Either kind ( Natural or jiffy ). Natural is pretty good tasting, I make peanut butter sandwhiches with some milk to drink(another good protein source).
Remember to gain weight you don't eat like crap. Eat a lot, in moderation, and at least somewhat healthy. Eventually you will gain weight.
Next: when eating a lot, remember if you take what it takes to keep your weight stable(your old diet), add 500 calories a day and thats an extra pound a week (3500 cals.) 3000 is a rule of thumb because the "normal" person eats 2500, but if your metabolism is fast, you need more than 3000. I put down 3500 to 4000 per day.

More on fat:
Saturated fat: all carbons are saturated with hydrogen atoms (Not GOOD)
Unsaturated fat: At least one set of carbons share more than one electron making it impossible to be fully saturated. Less saturation
Polyunsaturated fat: more than set of carbons share more than one electron... same as above, more electrons shared.
Trans FAT: Don't eat this crap, it is worse for you than anything. It is a type of fat made so the carbons are super saturated and your body has no idea what it is (I consider it "super saturated fat"). It is found in crap like twinkies. Food and Drug admin is soon making it required that all things with trans fat in it is labeled.

Another problem with that burger....You are pulling in half of your daily calories, but not even a quarter of your daily protein, a terrible ratio, :bawling:

yeah, that's what i figured, lol, my liver doesn't need to work any harder with the way i've been living for the last couple of years....(4 nights of drinkig a week + chain smoker)
It's time to start cleaning up the diet as well as the drinking and smoking...

A question about drinking though...
What's the maximum amount I can get away with drinking each week...
I'm probably not gonna get the answer I want to hear, so go ahead and shoot me down.

philipusmcr said:
Everything is good or ok in moderation, too much of ANYTHING will kill you. The thing about those burgers is that it will make your body work so hard to break down that fat (specifically your liver) Your liver makes the enzyme that breaks fats down. Although some fat is good for you, this much 96 g times 2= 192 grams! This means OVER half your calorie intake is from fat (per gram : carbs:4 calories, protein:4 cal, alcohol:7 cal, and fat :9 cal!) You will mess your liver up pretty dang bad, and you will quickly develope problems similar to an alcoholic. If you see super size me( which I have not yet) They probably explain a lot of it in there. I know I love the Good Times Guacamole bacon burger, but due to health reasons and the thing costs 3 bucks, I only get them 1-2 times a week.

Some things that are high in carbs you want are:
Fruit, Veggies, Bread, and Noodles. (yeah, you have heard this probably plenty)

Then for protein:
Chicken(Tyson has some good chicken strips), and pretty much all other meats.
Peanut butter is full of protein too. Either kind ( Natural or jiffy ). Natural is pretty good tasting, I make peanut butter sandwhiches with some milk to drink(another good protein source).
Remember to gain weight you don't eat like crap. Eat a lot, in moderation, and at least somewhat healthy. Eventually you will gain weight.
Next: when eating a lot, remember if you take what it takes to keep your weight stable(your old diet), add 500 calories a day and thats an extra pound a week (3500 cals.) 3000 is a rule of thumb because the "normal" person eats 2500, but if your metabolism is fast, you need more than 3000. I put down 3500 to 4000 per day.

More on fat:
Saturated fat: all carbons are saturated with hydrogen atoms (Not GOOD)
Unsaturated fat: At least one set of carbons share more than one electron making it impossible to be fully saturated. Less saturation
Polyunsaturated fat: more than set of carbons share more than one electron... same as above, more electrons shared.
Trans FAT: Don't eat this crap, it is worse for you than anything. It is a type of fat made so the carbons are super saturated and your body has no idea what it is (I consider it "super saturated fat"). It is found in crap like twinkies. Food and Drug admin is soon making it required that all things with trans fat in it is labeled.

What the hell do you know about nutrition making out your the expert, dont listen to these mis guided gym rats.

Top Bottom