Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

noob that needs help with sups...(really skinny/tall guy)

HMB, Flax seed oil, Creatine, Whey protein, Weight gainer, Daily vitamin, and then there's the other route..... ;)

Last edited:
If money is not a problem I would go out and get some Flaxseed oil and take that 3 times a day. You definately need a good mulit vitamin such as "Mega Men". I like to take calcium and vitamin c tabs in the morning with my food. Vitamin C is an awesome aborbable acid. Maybe even buy some weight gainer for cals. Eat tons of carbs like pastas, breads (whole wheat, ryes etc..) and make sure you drink tons of water. I drink between a gallon to gallon and a half a day. Maybe even try some HMB with your meals. It's fairly cheap and you can by it at Wally world. You said you had creatine in your closet for awhile. A lot of creatine goes bad after so long. It will clump up a little. You'll just end up pissing most of it out. I take a teaspoon in the morning about a half an hour before I lift and then a teaspoon immediately after I lift. Same with the protein shakes. Morning, right after you lift and before you go to bed (important because your muscles are repairing) Just eat like a fuckin slob but make sure you're getting enough protein (1 gram for every pound of body weight- your case 160 grams a day) so basically 3 shakes a day and a can of tuna and maybe at lunch some grilled chicken, you'd be set on the protein. I would take between 3,500 - 4,500 calories a day. How you want to do that is up to you.

You guys are great...I'm also a noob who is completely ignorant in the way of building, I don't even know how to eat somewhat healthy other than stay away from fast food but I can't cook so I end up eating less than the average most of the time. I eat subway as much as I can possibly stand to. I'm 20½ yrs old, like 6ft even and only 130lbs. I could eat twinkys and double whoppers every day for a year and never gain a lb. I've been the same weight for probably 4 or 5 years now. I'm trying to find a healthy diet and add some weight and much needed muscle. I have some GNC Mega Whey (I just found this site and discovered its the worst place to buy anything, so don't flame me too much for it) but its berry extraordinary and tastes horrible. Anyways, any help that is different from the first guy's that you can throw this way is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cliff

Hey gunsdiesel.

As you are 'getting back into lifting', you might as well start right from the beginning. First thing you want to do is throw out your supplements. The reason is because they are old and that you said you didn't know when or how much to take. Over the next week, eat as your normally would and write down everything you consume in terms of the caloric value, protein, carbs, and fat content. Don't alter your diet during this period as you want an honest representation of your nutritional intake. At the end of the week you will then be able to see, probably for the first time, where you diet is letting you down. Also during this week, start reading up on nutrition, especially protein. Find out what is right for you, the best sources, the amounts, and the optimum absorption times. You are going to need all this for week TWO.

Use the following equation to calculate your Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR). This will let you know how many calories you will need to consume on a daily basis. NOTE: The figure is for an individual involved in no physical activity, so keep that in mind as you will need to increase this figure, as you exercise, to add mass.

Adult Male:

BMR = 66 + (6.3 x body weight in lbs.) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

From the reading you did in week ONE about protein (don't make me keep you after class, lol) you will now know that you need one gram of protein for each pound of lean body mass and that one gram of protein equals four calories. This is the start of your new diet. An increase of 500 calories per day over the course of one week will add one pound of mass to your body. The key is to make sure this mass is in the form of muscle and not fat. So that brings me onto the next point. Just because you are thin does not mean that you can eat anything and everything. If you are going to do this right then you have to eat healthily. This also means no smoking and drinking. If you are committed, you can do it. Try to keep your fat intake to under 40 grams per day and limit your intake of saturated fats. Avoid hydrogenated and trans fats altogether. The remainder of your diet will be from carbs.

As to your workout program, you will want to group the various muscle groups to days which you will be comfortable training. An example might be:

Day 1: chest / shoulders / arms
Day 2: rest
Day 3: Back / legs / abs
Day 4: rest
Day 5: repeat

After the first month, you will be able to change your routine to a 3 days on, 1 day off split and incorporate more exercises into your routine. Your caloric intake by this time should be more than sufficient to warrant this level of intensity. If you find that you are putting on too much weight, cut back on the carbs and/or increase the intensity of your training. Once you achieve a weight you are comfortable with, start to introduce more cardio into your workouts. Keep track of your nutritional intake as you did in week one so that you know what your results are going to be instead of just guessing.

As to supplements, WATER and PROTEIN are all you need to achieve a healthy physique. If you wish to go beyond this then you can look at other supplements. Just be aware that most of them contain the word 'MAY' on the packaging. (May promote gains in lean mass ... May reduce body fat ... May reduce the size of your wallet ... etc.) So use the knowledge of the people on this forum as well as your own judgement.

Take your time to do this right and ask lots of questions along the way.

Best of luck.

Top Bottom