Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

night time protien

Basically, having a protein shake before bed gives your body something to feed on while you are sleeping. Doing this on a regular basis, you'll notice you wake up feeling stronger.

i've heard of also taking different types before bed ,but i din't notice a differance when i did so i just take a regular whey .....

Alright, when you sleep... you grow
when you have no amino acids in yur system you become catabolic
when you become catabolic when your muscles are healing/growing... it will hinder your gains
take a mix of 3 proteins before bed. THe more you take (don't exceed 60g), the longer lasting proteins you take, the less you will be catabolic. I used to wake up in the middle of the night to "refuel" as to avoid becoming catabolic

I recommend taking a whey/egg album/ milk casiente shake with either some nat pb of some flax right before you go to bed. Like breakfast and your postworkout meal, it's one of the most important meals of the day (although, to me, every meal is Damn important)

Benzi is correct.

protein substrats are the best. recent studies show that no one protein should be used in quantity alone. gains of lean muscle mass and fat loss have been proven to be greater using caesin (CAS) vs using whey (WP) powders.

younger guys with fast metabolisms shouldn't even use straight whey post workout, but a whey/caesin blend.

whey will last 2 hours in your system
Egg will last 3 hours in your system
Cassein is longer lasting than egg.

Soy will slow absorption time by 30%
Flax and Fiber will also slow down absorption time.

I use a good mix of it all

it's not recommed to add fatty oils to protein drinks. fats coat the lining of the stomach and the villi of the small intestine. which can allow the proteins to pass with out being properly digested.

I take a casienate, soy, whey shake before bed. I wake up at about 2AM to take a piss, so as I'm pissing I slam a premixed shake, then stumble back into bed. Why let your body go 8-9 hours without protein? I figured I'd take advantage of waking up for a couple minutes each night. I think it helps a lot.:)

Top Bottom