Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

night time protien

FitnessFrk said:
it's not recommed to add fatty oils to protein drinks. fats coat the lining of the stomach and the villi of the small intestine. which can allow the proteins to pass with out being properly digested.
I disagree, like risky biz said, it slows down absorption and therefore is ideal for nightime protein

FitnessFreak this is new news to me, never heard of it hindering the absoption of protein by coating the stomach. Are you speaking of all fats or just flaxseed oil mixed w/ whey? And by the way, where did you hear this?

Sorry for questioning it, I just don't trust "rumors" too much if you know what i mean.

the negative effect is more prominent with protein supplements with larger chain aminos like caesin than it is in whey (high in BCAA's easily digested). using whole milk and caesin is also a big no no. fiber is the only thing proven to slow down the digestion of proteins. I would take the fats at a seperate time and to get a long lasting digestin effect use a protein substrate with fibersol.

riskybizz007...I'm pretty sure I have the reference on my PC at work regarding the source of the information. I will try to dig it up on monday.

FitnessFrk like i said i never heard about any of this, so if you can provide an abstract please do. I've been taking my night time shake before bed w/ flax for a long time.

I work out late which means my post-workout shake is also my pre-bedtime shake. I used to take it with flax until I learned that it was not a good idea for a post-workout shake as it slows absorbtion. Can I have one MRP serving two functions like that? Or do I have to split them up somehow?

"Can I have one MRP serving two functions like that? Or do I have to split them up somehow?"

bro i can't understand this question... i know you shouldn't have flax w/ postworkout shake, but everyone else has recommended taking it any other time. This is the first i heard it would hinder protein absorption. I for one am having a really hard time believing this.

riskybizz007 said:
"Can I have one MRP serving two functions like that? Or do I have to split them up somehow?"

bro i can't understand this question... i know you shouldn't have flax w/ postworkout shake, but everyone else has recommended taking it any other time. This is the first i heard it would hinder protein absorption. I for one am having a really hard time believing this.

I actually could be wrong about that. There is some reason not to take flax post workout, but that might very well have nothing to do with protein absorbtion. I'm not real sure. And yeah, I know it's ok to take it any other time.

My question is that since my post-workout shake is taken at around 9 - 9:30 pm, that's my last meal of the day. So it serves as my post-workout and pre bedtime shake. So I guess I'm wanting to know if I can or cannot put flax in it.

Man, these little details are getting irritating. :mad:

Taking any form of protein before sleep is good. Taking a blend of protein that isn't just whey is even better, seeing casein is an anit-catabolic protein, it digests slower than whey. Another way to slow down the digestion of whey is to take it with flax oil. You get a few extra calories that way too. Some powders worth trying include......

- Met Rx Protein Plus (has lots of glutamine peptide too!!)
- Cytosport Muscle Milk (FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!)
- or any whey with a tablespoon of flax

Top Bottom