Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie daily supplement question...

Ruca

i have looked through here and found a ton of great supplement information. a lot of it is overwhelming to read! i have some basic questions about what supplements i should be using.

i am just getting back into working out. my whole late teen/adult life i have been slender 6'3" 185. a couple of years back i worked out hard for about a year, and was up to 194, but dropped backed down as i stopped working out. well, i am 29 now and for the first time in my life my age is catching up to me. in the last 6 months or so, i made it up to 215(a BAD 215!! skinny with jelly roll!!) and i'm not ready to be a fat old man. i have been playing basketball again(i'm about 205 right now) and am ready to get back in the gym. my goal is to be about 200-210 but get rid of my fat and add muscle. i am not concerned about being hardcore about it, but more so just to get into better shape and look good. i am pretty sure that once i get back into working out the fat will drop quick. i have a solid workout plan together, and i know what i need to do as far as eating goes. my one gray area is supplements/vitamins. what should i be taking on a day to day basis? protien powder, multi vitamin, seperate vitamin c & e? is that right? anything else i should add? like i said, my main goals are to get back in shape and get back my athletic look. i would really appreciate any help. i know it is very basic stuff for a lot of you, but for a newbie it can be very difficult to sort through everything and find out even something so basic. thanks in advance!

IT WOULD B VERY HARD FOR U TO BUILD MUSCLE N LOST BODY FAT N GAIN MUSCLE AT THE SAME TIME UNLESS UR A BEGINNER OR ON DA JUICE..BUT GOOD LOOK TRYIN ANYWAYZ..AS FAR AS SUPPLEMENTS..I WOULD GO WIT THESE:Optimums Whey protein, Prolabs Glutamine,Ast multi vitamins,and Eas Meal Replacement

hey thanks for all of the responses! man, i am overwhelmed with all of this reading! oh well.....
anaboliczz....thanks for my lone response! i have built muscle/lost fat before, but that was about 3 years ago, before my body decided that it was ready to make the transition from young guy to old fart. it just made that decision about 6 months back or so. i'm not sure how i will react to working out now. i have more fat than ever, so i guess i'll find out.i think i would for sure be considered a beginner, even though i have been working out on and off since high school. i'm scared of the juice, as my hair is not very thick. i am not interested in putting on a ton of muscle either. i think if i dropped my fat, my weight would be about 190. if i could be a fit 200 i would be very happy with that! anyways, thanks a lot for the advice, and, as i know far less than most of you on here, i am always open to any suggestions that may help. thanks! ruca

Hey ruca, right on for getting back in the gym. Sounds like you have a lot of the right ideas. Definitely get your vitamins in. You could choose a good one a day, but personally I prefer a multivitamin and mineral pack because they seem to more completely cover all the required nutrients. Most one a days are lacking in certain things like iron or calcium. I like AnimalPaks for pre-work out and I use vitaone packs from vitacorp for mornings. I'm sure you already know to get at least 1gram of protein per pound of body weight (this is one nutritional fact that should probably be burned into your mind by now). Also, you should make sure you are getting your essential omega 3's. Unless you are eating fish regularly, you can usually get these by supplementing with flaxseed or fish oil. The only other thing I would say is make sure you're getting in some antioxidants (usually through fruits and vegetables). Somethings that I've been using to supplement for this are garcinia mangostana (mangosteen fruit-highest concentration of xanthones...research these, they're some very powerful antioxidants) and tongan limu juice. Aside from these basics, stay consistent and work hard and I think you'll hit your goals in no time. Good luck.

hey thanks for the advice and kind words! i actually got in touch with swolecat today and think my woman and i are going to do his program. i told myself a few years back (the last time i was seriously in the gym) that i was going to stay with it as a lifestyle. i stayed commited for about a year and then fell off, but i think i am now ready to make the commitment for good(this jelly roll that i have for the first time in my life is scaring the shit out of me!!). i will get some pics going and post them up as we go. thanks again!

Top Bottom