Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help kicking caffeine!

Handsome Pete

Are there any supplements that make caffeine withdrawal a little less painful? I've been trying to get off of it for a while, but the headaches, fatigue, irritability, etc. are brutal! I'd appreciate any suggestions.

YES, if you have stopped caffeine use and are going cold turkey of its usage, you may want to supplement with L-Tyrosine. Tyr increases catecholamine levels and will help with any kind of suppressed levels of these hormones. Sort of like HCG/Clomid for your nuts, except for a different system. I think the usual dosage is something like 500-1000mg's three times per day. Someone correct me if I am wrong on the dosages....

BMJ

Check out a book titled "Caffeine Blues", by Stephen Cherniske, M.S.. (Barnes&Noble or Borders should have it...and you can sit down and read it for free there!) The book goes into quite a bit of detail about the psychophysiology of caffeine addiction and withdrawal, and also makes specific recommendations for supplements, & explains the rationale for each. (ginseng, 5-htp, b-vitamins, ginkgo, etc....) While quitting caffeine was still hell to go through, the book did help me a bit. Good luck!!

Thanks for the tips guys, I usually just slowly stop drinking coffee but never really gave a second thought to using supps while I'm coming off.

How Long

How long does it take to develop an addiction to caffeine? I started drinking three cups of coffee daily in the am, then no more in the daytime. It gives me a good preworkout boost, but I don't want a physical problem.

I mixed my coffe, 1 scoop of reg coffee with 1 scoop of dcaf......cold turkey for me was not the way to go......good luck bro.

Shit was that hard cutting Coffee out..... Ugh... I don't want to go though that again... I couldn't wake up worth a shit for a week and the headaches were bad as well... I now have it under control and only have it when I go out for breakfast on the weekends.

I feel for ya bro I was taking my hydroxycut and drinking coffee, I was wired all the time, took me a month to have energy again after geting off both.

Top Bottom