Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Natural supplement program for a high school football player?

Headholio

The player is my son. He is a good player but one of the smaller linebackers on his team. Unfortunately, there are some guys on his team that are doing roids. I really don't want him messing with roids at his age (17), and won't recommend anything like that to him.
He has good natural strength (cleaning 225 and benching 255 weighing a super lean 170) and makes good gains naturally, but competition in 5A football these days is intense! There's a kid on his team squatting 700 (I hear)! He really should be stronger and weighing closer to 190. He's about 5'10" now and hopefully has some vertical growing left to do in the next few months as well.

I want to give him every possible advantage without risking messing with his natural hormone balance, or getting into the ethics of cheating, doing something illegal, etc.

I don't know if the free test type boosters (SHBG inhibitors)are something that would help a kid like this, or are their better strategies?

Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Honestly just feed him lots of food. Some good steak and stuff. Maybe a protein tub and some creatine. He should be able to grow easily right now. As long as he eats. As far as some dude squatting 700 I call bullsgit. 99% of HS kids lift like shit.

Men take steroids to get the levels of free test a male at his age has naturally. It's all about diet.
He needs to eat like a horse and train HARD simple as that.
The hard part is making sure he sticks to it. Strict diets are hard to maintain but if he can he's got no problems gaining size and strength.
His test levels are more than adequate at his age it's the diet that's stopping him gaining size and strength.

dude there probably is a guy squatting 700, but I bet its a pretty weak rep. I did 405 sophomore year and people thought I was a freak, but now that I look back the reps we were all doing then was pretty weak, not paralell. And I was only in a 4a school at the time. One of our lineman was pressing close to 500, but he was over 300 pounds himself and about 6'4".
It
All that being said, I think he would def benefit from Unleashed. Its natural and lowers SHBG to free up more test. As far as I know its non-suppressive so he wont have to run a pct or anything like that. Stay away from hormone products at his age....sounds like you know this.

Creatine and some glutamine will help with recovery.

but like machine said, food is the main thing at that age. If he is training hard and eating lots of high quality carbs and meat. Oatmeal, whole grain pastas, brown rice, chicken breasts and lean cuts of red meat. He will grow for sure. Lots of food. And then more food. Keep an eye on the mirror to make sure bodyfat levels dont get too high, but as long as he is staying in good cardio shape, the added fat weight gain will be beneficial. Bigger dudes hit harder. Just stay in good shape and dont let the bf get too crazy so he can keep his speed up

Food! Yeah, that's what I've been telling him! He and my wife think I sound like some old school dinosaur who doesn't know about all great new stuff on the market!
They'd rather listen to the sales guy at GNC than an old fart like me! Ha, the struggles of being a dad!

Anyway, right now he's taking protein, creatine, and a weight gainer (finally got him to quit worrying about his six pack!)
I just started Unleashed myself. If it works for me, I might recommend it to him.

The player is my son. He is a good player but one of the smaller linebackers on his team. Unfortunately, there are some guys on his team that are doing roids. I really don't want him messing with roids at his age (17), and won't recommend anything like that to him.
He has good natural strength (cleaning 225 and benching 255 weighing a super lean 170) and makes good gains naturally, but competition in 5A football these days is intense! There's a kid on his team squatting 700 (I hear)! He really should be stronger and weighing closer to 190. He's about 5'10" now and hopefully has some vertical growing left to do in the next few months as well.

I want to give him every possible advantage without risking messing with his natural hormone balance, or getting into the ethics of cheating, doing something illegal, etc.

I don't know if the free test type boosters (SHBG inhibitors)are something that would help a kid like this, or are their better strategies?

Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Proper diet would be #1...this cant be stressed enough. When thats in order:
Multi mineral/vitamin
Whey Protein (I like Isolate)
Creatine

I would drop the "weight gainer" if I were him, most are just loaded with sugar for the extra calories. You can get just as many calories, and more protein, cheaper, by just getting more regular ol whey protein powder. All that sugar isnt good for you.

Look into some HMB. Never used it myself, but i think its suppose to help with recovery. If he is really insisting on supps, than creatine, glutamine, protein powder, maybe some HMB.

You could always just go to GNC, or order online, some cheap ass Tribulus and tell him the guy at GNC said he should gain 20 pounds in a month. Good ol placebo effect. lol I took something similar when I was your sons age and I swear it made me stronger and bigger, but it was nothing but a couple herbs that I later found out really dont work all that well, or at least not how I thought.

Nah he honestly doesn't need any of that stuff. Just food. Like I said maybe some creatine and glutamine like someone else said. But he needs to eat alot if he's doing football. And just show him how to lift properly. But it sounds like he's a strong kid already

Look into something called m-stak it's non hormonal and spoked great for me. My strength went way up and I gained about 7 pounds of all muscle. Ps my diet was also up to par as well

Top Bottom