Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Natural supplement program for a high school football player?

Just so its at the top of this page....

the consensus seems to be creatine and glutamine along with regular Whey Protein (preferably isolate).

AND FOOD. FOOD IS THE NUMBER ONE FACTOR IN ANYONE'S MASS GAINING PLAN

gotta eat big to get big

I would throw some bcaas in there too, just get the powerchews and tell him to eat a couple throughout the day and four before and four after his workout...

---------------------------------
It's not roid rage, I just don't like you...

Bustin' my ass so I can save yours...

Ok, the advice here is sound, but the fact remains that kids doing roids have an advantage over kids following good training, diet and supplement strategies. I'm trying to close the gap, if there are any supplements that would help close the gap (besides the basics like whey protein, creatine etc), that's what I'm after.

What about DAA? Other so called test boosters? SHBG inhibitors? Recommended for a teenager or not? Effective or not?

Yes, DAA, Unleashed(SHBG inhibitor), an herbal test booster couldnt hurt. Make sure that there aren't any hormone based products in it.

Some Phytoserms-347 looks very promising. I have heard great things. It is used alot DURING PCT, so I dont think you will have to worry about running a pct afterwards.

It will boost test along with lowering shbg. A friend of mine told me its the best test booster he has ever taken.

But really, your options are kind of limited. Unless you wanna start messing with your sons hormones, there isnt alot out there that will safely and effectively boost test to a noticable level.

daa, unleashed, creatine, glutamine, bcaa's, protein, hmb.....I cant think of much else right now

You have to remember that his test levels are about the highest they will ever be naturally right now. I think males usually top out at around age 24. Granted they never messed with there hormones at a younger age. That being said, there really isnt much out there that will "boost test" without messing with his hormones, his test is already sky high. An herbal supp like Phytoserms-347 or maybe some HcGenerate will probably be his best bet. But even that might be too strong if your saying you dont want to mess with his hormones. Im just not sure if they can be used by a 17 year old kid without the need of some sort of pct. Look more into that. Use the search feature on this site. And hopefully someone will chime in with more info on these products being used standalone by someone under 20.

well depends on what position he plays.

bulk him up on whey, creatine, lots of anabolic foods but you will cripple his speed. the coaches look for guys with speed to play secondary and WR who can hit the edge in high school football.

thats nice that you are helping him out on this. when i was his age i was eating what i could afford on 5.20 an hour.. that didn't amount to much quality food. it isn't easy at all. i know when i played football we got fed pizza before the game, not cause it was healthy but cause thats what the school could afford to give us. then after the game our bus would go to either a buffet or a fast food joint. thats the reality of being 17, kids don't have money to go buying real food

well depends on what position he plays.

bulk him up on whey, creatine, lots of anabolic foods but you will cripple his speed. the coaches look for guys with speed to play secondary and WR who can hit the edge in high school football.

thats nice that you are helping him out on this. when i was his age i was eating what i could afford on 5.20 an hour.. that didn't amount to much quality food. it isn't easy at all. i know when i played football we got fed pizza before the game, not cause it was healthy but cause thats what the school could afford to give us. then after the game our bus would go to either a buffet or a fast food joint. thats the reality of being 17, kids don't have money to go buying real food

He's a linebacker, maybe quick enough to be a safety. Coaches have considered moving him to safety, but right now the plan is outside LB, so size is what he needs. I'm not worried about him losing much speed, but you are right, if he was playing safety it would be a whole different strategy.

I talked to him last night about starting Unleashed soon. I might try some DAA as well, and see if it gives him gains.

He has gained 7 pounds since the season ended. No practice and a new focus on chow has really helped.

One problem I have is with his workout however. The coach has defined the workout for the guys and they work out together in morning weight training class. They've got him doing some form of legs every day (squats or front squats, or cleans or DL). It seems really stupid to me, and the coach focuses on lots of reps until the guys are totally burned and puking etc.

He supposedly has good credentials as a strength coach but this seems like a really dumb workout, especially for a kid trying to build size and strength. Not enough recovery. I'm thinking about talking to him about what my idea for his lifting would be. I'd rather have him not be in the morning class and workout on his own after school, but they make that class mandatory for players.

Top Bottom