Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle Milk & Skim Milk - Why anything else?

EPROM

Banned
So why can't a person just drink Protein Shakes all day long and screw all the other foods? Fuck all that yams and brown rice shit. Who the hell eats yams anyway? Isn't that a tuber, by the way? ...Tubers are for pussies. One big ol' glass of Muscle Milk with lots of Skim Milk yields nearly 50 grams of protein and at a hefty 350 calories. ....It's all frickin PROTEIN!!

Is my body going to say, "Nope I can't use this shitty protein. You bought it from GNC, didn't you? ...send down a stinkin' yam!"?

And don't say it's not the same or "real protein" cos it IS! That's like all the vitamin supplement people who say, "Vitamins aren't "real" nutrients. It's better to get it naturally ...like from a fucking yam!"

If you were on the Mayflower suffering from scurvy and rickets and I rolled a bottle of Centrum Complete across the deck you'd be in the middle of a bloodbath trying to get to those vitamins.

...So why not just go a Muscle Milk binge to build muscle?

Birdman

In this example, if the average person did nothing but drink muscle milk and skim milk they would become a fatass from all of the sugar. Milk, skim or no skim, usually has 11 grams of sugar per cup. Musclemilk i think has 9 grams per serving.

But lets take away the sugar. Yes, your macro nutrients might be taken care of, but what about your micronutrients? your antioxidants? I suppose you could get this stuff from supplements too but then you are housing your health on the reliability of big label supplement companies. For instance, one advantage of eating "real" food is that you are simply getting nutrition from many different sources.

And then of course there is money. It would be much cheaper to eat "real" food.

mah 2 pennies

dont know how exactly this works,,but back in highschool, i had a friend who somehow got sponsored by EAS even though he was a fatass.
anyways, he basically quit eating real food and ate only EAS supplements like Myoplex and shit.

anyhow, to make a long story short, his kidneys and/or liver shut down (forgot which one), and he was hospitalized for a while...he's ok now,,but it was kinda scary.

OneBreath: Well, ya got me on the Muscle Milk sugar. I'm still only taking in 16 grams of sugar while netting 200 grams of protein ...but that sugar does take its toll. I'm not so sure about that 11 grams of sugar in the skim milk. ...Maybe if I added Nestle Quick or something like that?

Flex229: Great story. I admire his boldness! I would hate to be in an emergency room explaining to the doctor that I'm suffering from a Muscle Milk overdose.

Thanks for the input
Birdman

variety is key. God gave us all this wonderful food so we could be healthy, you just have to be smart enough to eat it :)

Top Bottom