Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Multi-vitamins

Paper Tiger

Can anyone recommend me a good brand? Its hard to tell the difference between them and the choice is enormous!

If it helps, I'm a beginner to weights, 23 and female.

Also, is it safe to be consuming ~160% of your RDA on some vits, because I thats what supplementing my diet with a multi-vit product would do, surely?

RDA is simply recommended daily allowance, and the minimum amount necessary they deem if you do nothing to keep you from getting ill. So, don't be taken in by those high % numbers they like to float out there to make their product sound loaded.

If you are going for just a multi, and I think everyone should, then any reputable brand will be fine. I however think as an athlete especially, more vitamin B and C and E are warranted.

Paper Tiger said:
Can anyone recommend me a good brand? Its hard to tell the difference between them and the choice is enormous!

If it helps, I'm a beginner to weights, 23 and female.

Also, is it safe to be consuming ~160% of your RDA on some vits, because I thats what supplementing my diet with a multi-vit product would do, surely?

I take a muti-vit/mineral from my local superstore @ twice the dose (one morning, one before bed). There are many good ones, but most 'in the know' agree GNC's mega-man is very effective. I dont know about the womens version. Also GNC is renowned here for being pricey.

I've been using the Kirkland (ie Costco) brand but I got a bottle of (on sale) One A Day Women's & I think I might switch to it permanently when I run out of the Costco brand for 2 reasons: 1) the pill is smaller now and 2) it has calcium in it already so I may not have to take a separate calcium supp

I have found 'Quest' supps the best. Any health food store here in the uk will sell them. Brown tubs with a blue strip across the front. Would also recommend a good Vit C supplement and calcium, preferably from the same brand.

I personally take Universal Nutrition's Animal Pak
has everything you need and can be found for relatively low prices (like, 70cents per pak containing 11 pills)

=D

ErikB said:
I personally take Universal Nutrition's Animal Pak
has everything you need and can be found for relatively low prices (like, 70cents per pak containing 11 pills)

=D

Did you have any problems with how you feel on them?? I took the Animal Pak for a while - but felt weird......and choking down those GIANT pills wasn't fun either....

Look into Beverly super paks. Great value, their womens pak(Ms. Power pak) is loaded with everything. My wife used these exclusively for contest prep. Body is going through extreme hormonal difficulties under these conditions(severe contest dieting), and if they work good then, surely do the job when just simple dieting.

Here is a link.... http://www.vitaglo.com/bin002.html

Top Bottom