Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

multi-vitamins

WarriorPL

High End Bro
Platinum
okay so i take a Centrum every morning, is one enough?? would anything happen if i were to take 2 or 3?? just wondering

~WizKid :kaioken:

I'd be interested in knowing this as well.

I currently take a multi-vit every day, but have not taken more as the instructions say that exceding the normal dose can be harmful.

I take AST's Multi-32X, which you take twice a day. They state something to the extent why you take them twice a day is you take one in the morning, by the end of the day your body has used up all the vitamins so the second towards the end of the day replenishes the vitamins in your body. Can't see why taking Centrum's(which I've heard are fairly weak and have low absorption) twice a day would be bad. The FDA recommended amounts were come up with in the 1950's with people alot smaller and not trying to build muscle like we are, so their numbers are way off. 100% my ass.

the only vitamins that i know of that are fat soluble and have to watch out for in taking excess is vitamins A,D,E, and K. The rest you don't really have to worry about. I read somewhere here that Centrum's bioavailability is about 30%. but if you compare Centrum to newer and better multiitamins you'll see how little it has and how much it really sucks, and how overpriced it is.
I take my vtamins in capule form because i believe your body will be able to absorb more than the tablet filled with tar.
I take B vitamins, not the complex but the B50. and that i take twice a day.
Selenium i take200mg but only after post workout, along with 1g of vit.C and 400 of Vit. E.
uhhh that's all folks

Caps don't necessarilly have a better absorption than tabs, just depends on how the tabs are manufactured and their contents. Some of the multis with the "best" ratings are those in tab form. I agree, though, there are definately better multis out there than Centrum or Centrum look-alikes.

Do some checking around and compare ingredients, any analyses, prices, etc. I've found that Naturol's "My Favorite Multi" (I know, dumb name) stacks up well in regard to competitors. There are definately others that are better, but you can end up paying over $40-50/month for some of them.

We don't get many US brands here in the UK - I'm just using something called Sanatogen Gold.

Is Sanatogen available in the US?

I used to take 3 centrums a day for a couple of years and I think it worked fine now I take 1-2 mega mans a day I no I no GNC sux but Im just to busy to shop around:rolleyes:

first off make sure that it has no iron in it. men should not be taking any iron. if you take a multivitamin everyday with iron in it, it will build up in your systym, not good. i find that if you break the multivitamin in half and take half in the morning and half in the afternoon it seems to absorb better. always take them with food

multivits with iron are ok if you're a woman or have an iron defficiency, but not otherwise.

Top Bottom