Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Losing weight . . . but gaining fat? HELP PLEASE!

Fortes

Alrighty guys. I've been cutting for the past 5 weeks, and I've managed to lose about 10 lbs. (down from 255 to 245). The only problem is that I've gained substantially visible amounts of fat in my hips, thighs and chest! WTF! My chest actually is developing severe stretch marks near the nipple area . . . I feel like I'm growing breasts! And my hips are gaining stretch marks like crazy, and I can tell that adipose is accumulating! What should I do? What do I do? My strength is about the same since I started my diet . . . maybe down 10 lbs. in my respective 5RMS for the bench, squat and deadlift. This is driving me absolutely insane! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Stretch marks are lil fuckers aren't they? You gotta take things slow, some people are more prone than others. Only thing i can tell you is drink shit loads of water and maybe 2 pounds a week is too much. Not too much that it is bad on the body, but too much in the sense that it may be giving you stretch marks. What else could help is doing higher reps. I say higher reps b/c muslce growth is minimal, which shouldn't really matter b/c since you're dieting you are more worried about muscle preservation anyway and not growth. So for stretch marks reasons i'd do the above and drink shit loads of water and maybe get some vitamin E.

As far as your hips and legs and the fat accumulation you speak of, i think there's a glitch somewhere in your diet. Or you're losing weight unproportionally and it just looks that way. Make sure protein is high and carbs are low, and throw in a cheat day here and there and you'll be ok.

the same thing happened to me when i dieted then i realized i was losing muscle wayyyyyy faster than fat.....reavaluate your diet

Yah bro maybe you need to take it slower. Hey, if you can, post your diet, supps, and training and I will take a look at it and see if I can help you.

Thanks guys.

First of all, thank you for responding to my thread. I appreciate your willingness to help.

As for my diet, I have been altering periods of caloric intake (zig-zag style), trying to eat a lot of carbs pre and post workout, but few carbs the rest of the day. Sundays and Saturdays I drastically lower my caloric intake, as I do next to nothing on those days. I DO NOT DO CARDIO. Period. I used to run 12-18 miles a week during Wrestling season when I used to throw around, but ever since I broke 200 lbs. the mere thought of cardio has made me hyperventilate. My routine is a little like this:

Mon - Squats, Romanian Deads, Calf Raises, Leg Curls
Wed - Bench Press, Front Delts, Triceps, Rotator Cuffs
Fri - Deadlifts (every other week), Pullups, Bent rows, Rear Delts, Calves

Basically powerlifting. I've been contemplating a seperate arms/forearms/grip day on Saturday, but I don't think it's really necessary for now.

I usually eat about 4-5 meals a day, and I drink close to a gallon of water a day too. I supplement with creatine still, and I just got 400 grams of glutamine for christmas (yeah!) which I plan on taking 10 grams of pre and post workout.

I don't think I've lost too much muscular weight, as my strength is pretty much the same . . . maybe I'm losing fat everywhere except my hips and thighs . . . so they stand out? I think that's what it is.

Oh yeah, I suspect my T-Levels to be very high, as I've been getting harrier and harrier faster and faster during the past two months of my life. So maybe high T = High Estrogen due to aromatization, which is why I have so much fat in my hips and thighs and chest?

I've been contemplating a Topical Yohimbine formula and an oral Antiestrogen simultaneously. Any ideas, guys?

Bro i weigh 232 right now, and i know people much bigger than me that still do cardio. Some people can diet and lose all the fat, unfortunately i'm not one of them. I do HIIT style cardio 3 times a week and workout 4 days a week when cutting and found this to be effective for me. Bro do you realize how much your metabolism will be elevated as a result of cardio especially if you go intense w/ HIIT style? Your metabolism is probobly very slow and need to speed it up a bit, even if it's for just a short period of time.

And you really haven't stated much about your diet. How much protein are you taking in? How many carbs? Personally i eat about the same amount of protein whether cutting or bulking, what changes is the amount of carbs i take in. I use carbs to regulate the changes. But to maintain muscle you have to eat lots of protein, glutamine is just a supplement, not a solution to the problem.

Top Bottom