Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Look what a recent M&F article said...has to be BS

Benzi

Not So Sweet

Have you been drinking those creatin products with added sugar? The theory, in layman's terms, was that the sugar caused insulin release, which increased the muscles' absorption of creatine. According to a recent study published in the Journal of Applied Physiology, however, after the second day of consuming the creatine/sugar combo, the advantage of adding carbohydrate to increase the uptake of creatine was lost. At that point, taking regular creatine monohydrate powder would be just as effective ... (Muscle and Fitness, 44)

Although creatine is a sup, i think that everyone on both the anabolics and sup boards should know this. I don't know what to think... possibly the article isBS. I have been taking creatine/dextrose for years now, i really hope it wasn't a waste.

yes this is true.

on top, you should know that dextrose was always administered 30 minutes after taking creatine, NOT together in one solution. the reason is, that dextrose peaks earlier in the blood than creatine does.

i bet that companies like MuscleShit and EAS don't want you to know that. the supp industry is one BIG scam.

Testoman

Testoman said it right, i agree. Since i heard about this theory few months ago i believed it, now there's proof. I'm sure cell-tech people are pretty pissed on that article, but f- it, i'm sick of these companies ripping people off.

I've always considered myself pretty knowledgable about this topic(insulin spike/absorbtion), but why the fuck haven't I ever thought of this?? EAS and Muscletech can blow me.
Grrrr, ignorance was bliss:splat:

Bullshit I dont believe that.. and if it has any actual fact and reason behind it what's the ideal way to supplement with creatine?

Creatine postworkout with protein and then wait 30 minutes and take your dextrose??

:confused::confused:

Two creatine researchers, Steenge and Greenhaff have demonstrated several times that you should always consume dextrose some time after creatine. One example is the following studie:

'Protein- and carbohydrate induced augmentation of whole body creatine retention in humans'

Published in the Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol. 89, Issue 3, 1165-1171, September 2000.

Here is an excerpt from this study:
"The 30 minute delay between the creatine and subsequent treatment fluid ingestion (dextrose drink) enabled plasma creatine concentrations to rise above the Km for muscle creatine transport. Furthermore, we have previously shown that this procedure produces peak creatine and insulin concentrations at similar time points and stimulates muscle creatine accumulation in humans.'

You guys can be assured that all supp companies who sell a creatine/dextrose are aware of this but certainly would never make any effort to tell you.

Testoman

great article testo... deserves some Karma.

Monstar this is just pointing out that it takes creatine peaks at a later time than does dextrose. Dextrose being much faster, so you would want the creatine already in when the dextrose will peak. So in essence as the article stated, drink your creatine then in 30 min. drink something that will spike your insulin levels.

For example, if i'm at the gym i take the creatine towards the end of my workout, by the time i get home and have the shake sufficient time will have passed and hopefully it would be an ideal time to spike insulin and help the transport of creatine.

For other drinks you could use you might want to check out the GI chart and choose a drink w/ very high GI to drink 30min after you take in the creatine.

Top Bottom