Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Look what a recent M&F article said...has to be BS

Testoman i believe ALA has been used in other countries for diabetics. And some have even had success w/ it at as little as 600mg/day. 600mg/day is the minimum however and i've seen doses up to 1.2g/day as well.

conflicting research and studies... so who do u believe?

I dont know what to think.. I guess I am going to drop the ALA.. what the fuck I dont even know what to buy anymore supplement wise jesus.

:(:(

MonStar1023 said:
So what about protein? When should I take that?

HELP!
:D:D
I am cutting so what about this... immediately after training 10g creatine + 5g glutamine... 30 minutes cardio.. 50g dextrose + maltodextrin + 20g whey..

Good or bad??
Monstar, i wouldn't take your creatine and your glutamine together. I hear if you take them seperately they are a lot more useful. I think it is because one blocks the other from being full absorbed, but i'm not sure.

Well the fact is that Burke et al were the first guys to test if ALA has any measurable effect on creatine, creatine + dextrose, insulin sensitivity and glucose transport in healthy adults who weight train. Their results were not very encouraging, at least their findings are not cost effective for the consumer.

Germany is the only country which has approved ALA as a drug for treatment of nerval pain caused by a diabetic polyneuropathy. Whatever that means, I have no clue. One thing is for sure however, in Germany it is NOT used and NOT approved to combat diabetes. I am not aware of any other country that has approved ALA as a drug.

I am not saying that ALA is completely useless. What I am saying is, that chances are extremely low that the 200 mg of ALA you find in your creatine drink is doing anyhting for you. Much higher amounts are needed.

I am always pissed when I read that this or that supplement has a special ingredient which is proven to do good but in reality the dosage you get per serving is so low, that it is not doing anyhting.
An analogy would be, that you buy a drug which claims to cure your cough because it contains a proven ingredient to remedy your cough but in reality is totally underdosed.
A drug company could never get away with somehting like that, supplement companies however do it all the time.

Testoman

I've heard of Dr.'s in S.American contries using ALA to control hyperglycemia in diabetics w/ success. It may not be considered an actual drug, but it is used both in clinical and home treatment.

Top Bottom