Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Long term effect of Fiber Supplements

supertraps

I posted on the supp board and got no response. Please don't move, mods. Thanks

I am cutting w/ moderate carbs, so I need to supp w/ fiber. Can that have long term side effects.

I heard this from a doctor, but I do not believe it b/c it seems like that just more of the supplement bashing that we are all accu

What are you taking? It seems to me that fiber is fiber kind of like women who take calcium suppliments instead of just drinking milk. Of course I'm not a doctor.
KONDOR

An entire head of lettuce has 4-5g of fiber, so no it's not a complete source of fiber. I don't think that adding a 4-8g a metamucil a day will cause you any problems. Hell, it's very healthy tp eat a lot of fiber.

What the doctor was probably talking about was laxatives. These can be dangerous and you can become dependent on them.

Here's a good bodybuilding meal:

1 can of tuna
1 cup of black beans
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Balsimic Vinegar
green onions(optional)
persley(optional)

45-50g of protein
40g of carbs(20 G OF FIBER)
15-18g of fat.

I'm not a doc either, but I do have diverticulosis. When it flares up I'm screwed for at least 2 wks. Feels like someone stabbing me in the side with knife. Fiber supps are a way of life for me because its very difficult to get the daily recommended amount without them. I get about 70% from food and the rest from different supps. It is very good idea to rotate the kind of fiber supps you take in as well, the two major ones being psyllium husk and fruit fiber. The best I've used so far is a powder called Daily Fiber Therapy. It contains several different kinds of fiber (which I cant remember right now), ALA's, E, herbs that are supposed to help with digestion, and some digestive enzymes. I'd list them specifically but I dont have the jar here. I believe the DRA of fiber in general is around 45 grams.

You never realize how important pooping is untill you cant...:cool:

-Z

Bro,

Just get some Psyllium Husk. Psyllium husk is the main ingredient in most laxatives, but acts to keep you regular. It is a good fiber to use. It hepls prevent constipation from high protein diets, and also fight diarrhea as well. It acts to keep the intestinal tract normal in terms of water content. It will attract water to fight constipation, and absorbs excess water in the case of diarrhea.

Top Bottom