Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Loading With GLUTAMINE + CREATINE Once A Week

MonStar1023

I am doing a diet by bodyfx.. which seems to be working great by the way.. which is simply during the week (Sun-Fri for me) eating all protein meals and taking in around 1/2g of carbs for every pound of bodyweight..

On Saturday I am going to take in 2g of carbs for every pound and load with creatine and glutamine.. maybe around 20g of creatine and 10g of glutamine that day. 10g creatine + 5g glutamine in the morning then in the evening with protein and simple sugars..

I am wondering what everyone thinks about this? Good/bad? Supposed to stimulate metabolism with extra carbs..

I am wondering though what should my OTHER meals be like on this day.. out of curiousity...
:D:D

HELP!!

If you are serious about lifting, you need to be taking in about 25-60 grams of glutamine ED...minimum. As for creatine...opt for a monohydrate and take 10 grams twice daily - upon rising and post workout. Whatever you do, do not take creatine and glutamine at the same time.

Glutamine is non-essential = wont get absorbed when bulking. Use it when cutting and only then or else your wasting $.

Completely agree w/ remy. Glutamine is useless if you're bulking, but creatine would be a good idea. Issue on whether or not to take it w/ creatine and glutamine together is still controversial and there are studies saying you can and other saying you can't combine them. Personally i combine the two, until proven otherwise.

I take it in b/w meals to help preserve muscle. Basically i take 5g in b/w the meals sometimes more sometimes less depending on the diet. I'll use b/w 10-20g/day.

Risky,

What glutamine are you taking? ARe you just tossing it in with a protein drink, or doing it separately?

Guinness said:
Risky,

What glutamine are you taking? ARe you just tossing it in with a protein drink, or doing it separately?

You don't want to take in glutamine and protein at the same time, unless you're using glutamine peptides. Take the glutamine separately. I use regular L-glutamine powder.

Gymtime,

What's the basis of your statement? It seems like guys go back and forth on this all the time on these boards...that and taking creatine at the same time as glutamine...still haven't seen something concrete that says doing so is bad (i.e. hinders absorption, etc.), so I'm just curious why you say not to take glutamine with protein.

Hell, Osmo makes a post-workout drink that is just that.....20 g of glutamine and like 42 grams of protein.

I agree w/ gymtime. From what i've read you can take glutamine peptides w/ your protein shake and it will be absorbed much better than regular l-glutamine. Hardly anyone takes the peptides though so i always speak of regular l-glutamine. Personally i take the peptides w/ my postworkout shake and before bed shake to prevent catabolism at night.

Plain l-glutamine i take it b/w meals so that it wont compete w/ the other aminos for absoption. Now on this issue you will hear a million theories, since nobody has proven shit to me, i'm sticking w/ the 1st theory of taking it on empty stomach just to be safe. If you want this kind of glutamine i would say take it before your post workout shake.

About the creatine and glutamine, you'll hear a lot of theories about this crap too. You wont run into this problem if you just take the glutamine peptides. Anyway, about the regular l-glutamine i think AST is right in their theory about it, and that you can take it together. But just to be safe i buy the peptides, they're cheaper and 3 times more effective. If you're bulking w/ a proper diet, only time i would take the glutamine is postworkout and before bed to prevent catabolism. If you're dieting you can take it througout the day b/c you will be much more catabolic throughout the day and night.

hope that helps

Top Bottom