Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

L-tyrosine for increased tanning. Anyone tried?

Pec

Anyone have any experience with L-tyrosine? This amino acid is supposed to increase the production of melanin which allows people to tan easier.

I agree with Ridehard. Take it consistently throughout the day. If you only take it right before tanning, you won't see any results. I've heard that tanning lotion that contains L-Tyrosine is just as effective as the capsules. Check it out yo!:D

Since I take it a few of you have tried this stuff, does it speed up tanning by that much? I have a pretty pale complexion so how long would you guess it would take to build up a nice golden tan?

Last edited:
Along w/ the caps, I use tanning sauce w/ l-tyrosine- have a great tan.
L-tyrosine is a precurser to CCK- hormone telling you when you've had enough to eat- I mention this as it may be a factor in your dieting/weight gain efforts.

In Theory It's Supposed To Work

I tried it. I found it didn't do much. I even tried the Polyphenol Oxidase (Tyrosinase) which is what it is converted to before it initiates melanin production. Very expensive stuff. Still not much.

Canthaxanthin will turn you orange provided you take enough of it. Large doses of Niacin on an empty stomach will make it look like you've got a bad sunburn. Lasts for a few hours.

The only things I've ever found that work great are Oxaralen and Trisoralen. Prescription stuff and very dangerous if you don't know how to use them. I've even heard of people dying of complications from this stuff. Like laying under a sun bench too long.

The whole debate on OTC tanning products and the prescription stuff(mainly used in the treatment of Vitaligo) is sort of like the debate between the prohormones and the prescription anabolic steroids.

L-tyrosine is an amino acid essential for normal produce of melanin. That's true. Supplementing with additional L-tyrosine is only going to help if you aren't getting enough through your diet. Most bodybuilders who eat 1.5-2g of protein per pound of body weight will be getting more L-tyrosine in their diet then they need and really won't benefit from supplementing with any additional L-tyrosine. It can't hurt, but I doubt you will notice much.

Supplementing with vitamin C and Vitamin A are also a good ideas because they are essential for collagen synthesis and pigment formation.

Top Bottom