Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

L-Glutamine & BCAA Supplementation Q's

Kabeetz

Banned
When I first started working out years ago I did the typical newbie move and went to gnc and dropped a load of cash on a bunch of supplements that crappy shill muscle publications convinced me would be the quick fix. Quickly realizing that most of the stuff was ineffective and being unable to tell what was effective, and not wanting to go broke, I went in the opposite direction and just decided to focus on a quality whole food diet along with a good multi and whey.

I've decided nows the time to supplement my diet, slowly, so as to see what brands and products are effective for me... and have decided to go with L-Glutamine powder (5g per serving) and BCAA Plus (by prolab)..

My question is this: What is an effective manner for supplementing with these? The recommended dose post workout? Is 5g a day of L-Glutamine enough, if not should I add a morning or before bed dose or double the post work-out dose?

Should I continue to use both on off days or just post workout? Et cetera.

My current stats are 190, 19% bf... I am in cutting mode through summer, having lost 8% bf since may 15th while adding 10 pounds of lean muscle, and if all goes well I am going to bulk up around october. I am interested in improving my muscle recovery, but perhaps I shouldn't tinker with what's working in the first place..and save the aminos for when I am ready to bulk up?

Thanks for your input.

Kabeetz said:
When I first started working out years ago I did the typical newbie move and went to gnc and dropped a load of cash on a bunch of supplements that crappy shill muscle publications convinced me would be the quick fix. Quickly realizing that most of the stuff was ineffective and being unable to tell what was effective, and not wanting to go broke, I went in the opposite direction and just decided to focus on a quality whole food diet along with a good multi and whey.

I've decided nows the time to supplement my diet, slowly, so as to see what brands and products are effective for me... and have decided to go with L-Glutamine powder (5g per serving) and BCAA Plus (by prolab)..

My question is this: What is an effective manner for supplementing with these? The recommended dose post workout? Is 5g a day of L-Glutamine enough, if not should I add a morning or before bed dose or double the post work-out dose?

Should I continue to use both on off days or just post workout? Et cetera.

My current stats are 190, 19% bf... I am in cutting mode through summer, having lost 8% bf since may 15th while adding 10 pounds of lean muscle, and if all goes well I am going to bulk up around october. I am interested in improving my muscle recovery, but perhaps I shouldn't tinker with what's working in the first place..and save the aminos for when I am ready to bulk up?

Thanks for your input.

I'm looking for an answer here too... for both dosing and amounts of glutamine and BCAA's
-best to stick with recommended doses of 4 caps pre and 4caps post workout for BCAAs?
-what about if i do morning cardio separate from my afternoon workouts? better to split up those doses to get some BCAAs in around my morning cardio as well?
-take any BCAAs on non-workout days? if so how much?
-same questions for glutamine i guess
VW

Top Bottom