Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is L-Glutamic Acid the same as L-Glutamine?

FSUAttack

Got a question here that I need clarified...

Just a protien shake, with a full amino acid profile included. It says it has 4234g of 'L-Glutamic Acid' - is this the same as taking 4g or so of L-Glutamine? I hear they are structurally different - how different are they?

Do they do the same things? Basically I am deciding if I don't need a l-gluatamine supplement if I am taking close to 8-9g a day in my protein shake.

Thanks...

Damn, you know, I can't remember where I read this, but it was just recently. The article had stated when you read the amount of glutamic acid, divide by two, and that's how much naturally occuring glutamine is in the product. So, in the case of roughly 4000mgs of glutamic acid, which is 4 grams, you're looking at 2 grams of glutamine.

FSUAttack....I have the same problem! I always have problems with labels and the differences.

I will try to get some resolution on the matter and try to get an answer by the day.

ATTENTION

Glutamic acid is NOT the same as glutamine or glutamine peptides. These are completely different and some supp companies use this confusion to there advantage. Glutamic acid is crap compared to glutamine.

Btw, a good dose for glutamine is 20-30g.

Hehehe.. that's what I was thinking. I got a little curious when it said Glutamic Acid rather than Gluatamine...

Thanks for the reply..

Glutamic acid is nevertheless a source of glutamine though. The conversion rate is supposedly around 50 percent of glutamic acid breaks down to glutamine for some types of protein.

I take glutamine by itself anyway so I'm not really on the other side of the fence.

Top Bottom