Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

kidney stones from vitamins

Scorpionugis

Hi guys, I have a question and I hope can give me some info about it, my wife had kidney stones 4 years ago and the were removed since then she never had any kidney issues until she started taking vitamins for woman, she started having that lower back discomfort and darker urine, the same side effects than when she was diagnosed with kidney stones, I read online some supplements can cause that problem and I was wondering if she should discontinue the vitamins, thank you.

your doctor should have answered this question

for sure if you do not drink enough that will make it more likely to get them vitamins or no vitamins wouldn't matter in that situation.

people especially in hot climates do not understand that they must drink even when not thirsty

Being obese, diets high in red meat, calcium, and salt and dehydration are the main risk factors for kidney stones.

Limit the amount of dairy and red meat in your diet, and watch your sodium intake. Also make sure to drink 5-6L of clean water per day, minimum. Remember that things like coffee are diuretics and don't count towards your water total.

If you suffered from kidney stones in the past, you would not want to supplement with a calcium supplement but you can still safely supplement with a good multivitamin supplement. Just don't take more then the recommended daily dosage. I am not sure what multivitamin you are using but I recommend the multi vitamin ruthless 3d from n2bm.com.

A high caffeine intake can also play a major part in kidney stone development. Take a look a that because it seems like people are consuming more and more caffeine now than they used to.

A high caffeine intake can also play a major part in kidney stone development. Take a look a that because it seems like people are consuming more and more caffeine now than they used to.

Never heard that before.
Googled 'caffeine causes kidney stones' and saw the exact opposite where medical studies showed caffeine lowered kidney stone risk in some high caffeine consuming groups from 26%-30%. Been taking high doses of caffeine myself for around a decade now and have never had any issues with them so this declaration interested me. Where did you see that caffeine plays a "major" part in their development?

I believe they come from your body not being able to digest protein. Protein is one of the most if not the most difficult molecule to digest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard that before.
Googled 'caffeine causes kidney stones' and saw the exact opposite where medical studies showed caffeine lowered kidney stone risk in some high caffeine consuming groups from 26%-30%. Been taking high doses of caffeine myself for around a decade now and have never had any issues with them so this declaration interested me. Where did you see that caffeine plays a "major" part in their development?

It comes from the fact that dehydration is a known cause of kidney stone formation. Coffee/caffeine, especially the amounts consumed today, will significantly increase the likelihood of dehydration. The studies showing coffee helps with kidney stone prevention were done primarily on decaf coffee.

Top Bottom