Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just another reason I turn my head to 1,3-dimethylamylamine

superflex02

Personally the first time it killed my libido, I quit messin with the stuff.

AHPA: Review of Research Shows DMAA Not Naturally From Geranium

SILVER SPRING, Md.—Members of the American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) will no longer be able to label 1,3-dimethylamylamine as geranium oil or as any part of the geranium plant, according to a trade requirement approved by the board of trustees at last month’s meeting. While this ingredient, also know by a number of synonyms, has been listed on product labels as derived from geranium oil, stem or extract, AHPA said a critical review of the scientific literature determined no credible evidence showed the constituent is found in geranium species (Pelargonium spp.).

The trade requirement becomes effective on Jan. 13, 2012. Nothing in the new requirement prevents labeling of any compound that is in fact derived from geranium plant materials by that compound's common or usual name.

1,3-Dimethylamylamine, also known as DMAA; 1,3-dimethylpentylamine; methylhexaneamine (MHA); methylhexanamine; methylhexamine; 4-methyl-2-hexanamine; and 2-amino-4-methylhexane, was an inhaled nasal-decongestant drug synthesized by Eli Lilly and Company in 1971 and known as Forthane. More recently, DMAA has been used in dietary supplements for weight loss and bodybuilding.

AHPA said it is sometimes referred to as geranamine due to a single report from a report in a technical institute journal, not a reputable, peer-reviewed journal of chemistry, that found DMAA was a naturally occurring essential oil distilled from geranium leaf. That study, by Ping et al. (Journal of Guizhou Institute of Technology 1996;(25)82-85), which identified the presence of DMAA in geranium, described a gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) analysis of essential oil obtained from steam distilling the minced, air-dried leaf of fresh Pelargonium graveolens. More than 40 compounds were reportedly detected, and 31 of them were assigned identities based on automatic computer matching to a MS spectral library.

However, AHPA said several problems have been noted with this report. A review of the chromatogram from the original paper, for example, revealed an inadequate separation of compounds for MS-library matches. Other issues with this report include significant concerns over the experimental conditions, the interpretation of data, the quality of data reporting, and the validation of findings.

"After a critical review of the existing scientific literature, and working with John Travis, manager of clinical operations for NSF International and the AHPA analytical laboratories committee, we're quite clear that this reported finding of DMAA from geranium is not scientifically valid," said Steven Dentali, AHPA's chief science officer. "There are no known-published reports indicating that this is a natural product. Any labeling stating that it is naturally occurring in geranium, or any other natural source, would need appropriate scientific evidence to support it. None has yet been found in the public domain."

Also at its July meeting, the board approved the appointment of John Doherty and Bill Carter, Esq., as co-chairs of the AHPA Sports Nutrition Committee. Doherty is director of regulatory affairs for Iovate Health Sciences, Ontario, Canada.Carter is general counsel for Bodybuilding.com, Meridian, ID. Doherty and Carter replace Erica Stump, Esq., formerly of Bodybuilding.com, who left the company in early April.

At the July meeting, AHPA also amended its existing guidance policy on Class 1 solvents.

It does not really kill libido, if anything for me it enhances it. What does is it causes vasoconstriciton because of the sudden surge in NE which prevents proper blood flow to the Corpus C. of the penis. This can cause a temporary ED effect along a slight inflammation of the prostate which is why some might have a hard time peeing for a bit. It is a drug just like caffeine, the only difference is this stuff acts more specifically on the neurotransmitters needed to stay awake and in adrenaline state.

It does not really kill libido, if anything for me it enhances it. What does is it causes vasoconstriciton because of the sudden surge in NE which prevents proper blood flow to the Corpus C. of the penis. This can cause a temporary ED effect along a slight inflammation of the prostate which is why some might have a hard time peeing for a bit. It is a drug just like caffeine, the only difference is this stuff acts more specifically on the neurotransmitters needed to stay awake and in adrenaline state.

If you've been lifting for a decent amount of time you'll know when it comes to supplements they affect everybody differently. It kills my dick.

never noticed an issue, but yes supps effect people differently! In my experiance power chews preworkout and n2kts which both have 13 have never killed my libido

If you've been lifting for a decent amount of time you'll know when it comes to supplements they affect everybody differently. It kills my dick.
Erection is NOT LIBIDO, which is what I am trying to explain and yes for many it can cause erections issues temporarily. BUT is SHOULD HURT DESIRE that much, for me it boosts desire for pleasure but again libido is NOT ERECTION STRENGTH.

Erection is NOT LIBIDO, which is what I am trying to explain and yes for many it can cause erections issues temporarily. BUT is SHOULD HURT DESIRE that much, for me it boosts desire for pleasure but again libido is NOT ERECTION STRENGTH.

I'm sorry I wasn't specific. You'd have to be homosexual to not have the desire to have sex with a naked girl in your bed, but when I get that desire and I have problems getting hard ... that's frustrating. I've experienced this multiple times using products that have 1,3 in them and have had not problems when not using them. That is enough for my to stay away from products with it in the ingredients list. To each their own, I don't fck with the stuff.

Top Bottom