Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Important info about Flaxseed

Ripp42

Banned
Dont know if this has been posted before but am going to post b/c this is super important.

Im one of those ppl that cant stand fish oil b/c the fish burp almost makes me ralf. Have not tried krill oil yet but will as its suppose to be better than fish oil but am worried about the fish burp.

Flaxseed has many ups to it however in the AAS world could be your worst nightmare! Flaxseed can convert into estrogen!

Flaxseed and Flaxseed Oil

The flax plant yields the fiber from which linen is woven, as well as seeds and oil. Flaxseed oil, also called linseed oil, has many industrial uses. Flaxseed oil also comes in an edible form. Like olive, canola, and most other plant oils, flaxseed is highly unsaturated and heart-healthy. And flaxseeds are rich in yet another very interesting component—lignans—which may have anti-cancer properties. Lignans are a type of fiber, and at the same time a type of phytoestrogen—a chemical similar to the human hormone estrogen. When you eat lignans, bacteria in the digestive tract convert them into estrogen-like substances called enterodiol and enterolactone, which are thought to have anti-tumor effects. Lignans and other flaxseed components may also have antioxidant properties—that is, they may reduce the activity of cell-damaging free radicals. (Flaxseed oil lacks lignans, but some processors add them to their oil.)

Besides lignans, flaxseeds and their oil are also the best food sources of an essential fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid. "Essential" means we must consume it, because our bodies cannot manufacture it. Essential fatty acids are important for cell membranes, blood pressure regulation, and other functions. Alpha-linolenic acid is an omega-3, similar to some of the fatty acids in fish oil. Omega-3s may reduce blood clotting, thus lessening the chance of a fatal heart attack. Flaxseeds and flaxseed oil may also lower total blood cholesterol, as well as LDL ("bad") cholesterol. But any highly unsaturated oil will do that, particularly if substituted for saturated fats. You can find alpha-linolenic acid in canola oil and walnuts, among other sources.

Claims, purported benefits: Prevents heart disease and cancer.

Bottom line: These claims are overstated. Flaxseed oil is heart-healthy because it contains alpha-linolenic acid. Flaxseed itself (ground or whole) also contains lignans, which may have antioxidant actions and may help protect against certain cancers, though this is far from certain. Add flaxseed and flaxseed oil to your diet if you wish. But don’t take flaxseed supplements. Plant estrogens, like human hormones, are not always benign. At high doses—and no one knows how much is too much—lignans might turn into cancer promoters.

I take Krill. I buy at Costco. 90 pills for $20. The burps are the reason I dropped fish oil. Happy with Krill. No burps:)

I take Krill. I buy at Costco. 90 pills for $20. The burps are the reason I dropped fish oil. Happy with Krill. No burps:)

Really! Perfect am on my way to cosco. Thats what I was wondering. Happy to know now tnx bud! I figured ud still get em bc its a shrimp looking fish.

Easy. They're tiny and I take one in the morning and one at night. Costco gives the best deal in town on 'em.

krill from rls is as cheap as i seen them. 20 bux i think. like 75 at the health food store. i eat chia seeds too everyday. hopefully thet dont convert like flax

krill from rls is as cheap as i seen them. 20 bux i think. like 75 at the health food store. i eat chia seeds too everyday. hopefully thet dont convert like flax

Ama try vitacost.com

It might think it grows in a plant and converts down like human.

Dropped the fish oil for krill, yup no more nasty burps. But, the odor from the krill bottle is pretty nasty, smells like dried squid in there!

Top Bottom