Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ideal use and dosage of creatine?

Synpax

Hi,

What is the proper use and dosage of creatine? I've encountered two different views:

1) Load the creatine for several days and then take it regularly throughout the day.

2) Don't load - just take some a half hour before your workout and then some immediatly after in your PWO shake.

And how much should I use?

Again, thanks. Helpful responses will get a double karma hit.

5 g post workout works. I've seen research that suggest that if you load 20 grams a day, 5 g x4, then maintenance isn't necissary. It can maintain high creatine levels in muscle cells for up to 3 weeks. I prefer 5 g post workout though.

There are many theories out there, and really, I think you should try each to find which works best for you. I have found that for myself, I take 5 grams before workout, and 5 grams after. Then, I take 5 grams in the morning on off days.

I erred in putting this on the diet board rather than the sup board. Can a mod move it please?

I figured ther ewould be some science out there. The whole 'loading' thing has been suggested as a scam by the nutrition companies to get you to use more of their product.

BTW Bicepts101 - I like your icon; do you have a larger res version?

Top Bottom