Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm getting headaches from Creatine

familydreams

Why am I having headaches while taking creatine? Am I getting dehydrated or is the thing is expired?
I was looking For the expiration date, but it looks like it is good for another 11 months... Maybe I'm jumping the gun and it is not the creatine, but I have had a slight headache every night after training for the last week, and I started creatine two weeks ago.

Creatine itself can not be causing the headaches. [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Supplemental creatine is nothing more then the amino acids glycine, arginine, and methionine synthesized together. It is not a hormone or a stimulant. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Are you using a flavoured creatine supplement? A lot of flavoured creatine supplements are loaded with stimulants and artificial flavours/sweeteners which can cause headaches and GI issues.

Try switching to a capsulated creatine supplement like ancient strength from n2bm.com, or unflavoured creatine supplement.

You didn't mention your dosage but your problem might also be due to using too high of a dosage. There is no reason to use a dosage higher then 5g/day. Your body can only absorb so much. Once your creatine phosphate levels are saturated, any additional creatine will just cause GI issues and side effects.
[/FONT]

It shouldn't be the creatine if you are taking pure creatine. Is there anything added to the product like artificial sweeteners, caffeine, sugar, or other fillers? I would stop taking it and see what happens.

There is something wrong with your creatine, since it can not cause headaches. Therefore, it is either not creatine what you have there, or you have a creatine product with some additives that make you feel this way. In any case, I would suggest you to change your creatine, since it should never cause headaches.

Creatine should not cause headaches, so I think the problem is somewhere else. Unless you using a blend creatine product which contains some stims, then it could be the case

Top Bottom