Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much lactose in whey isolate?

Qumev

I am trying to exclude milk and lactose from my life for good, as it seems that lactose is causing me a lot of trouble. I wanted to find out, how much lactose does whey isolate have, and is it safe to use it?

The lactose content in whey isolate is minimal, and close to being non-existant. So I would not worry all that much about it – the amount of lactose that can be found in whey isolate is minimal, and it won't make much of a difference.

a good quality whey isolate should have almost none. i know from my research back a year or two ago a lot of companies do sell whey isolates that actually do have enough lactose in it to upset your stomach

that is why i only trust n2bm whey isolate. it is quailty

If it's' a pure whey isolate - it's trace amounts.

You really need to be careful though. A lot of protein powders will boast whey protein isolate on the label but if you read the actual ingredients list - it's a whey protein isolate/concentrate blend.

If you want to remove lactose from your diet, you need to make sure you are using a pure whey isolate.

It should be almost nothing. If it is only the lactose you are sensitive then I would go for a pure whey isolate and try it. I really like the Columbian espresso flavour from n2bm in their whey to build muscle product. If you have a dairy issue then any whey will be bad for you. You would do better with a pea protein or just real food.

Lactose intolerance is a common digestive problem where the body is unable to digest lactose. Lactose is a type of sugar, found in milk and dairy products. In the body, it is broken down by an enzyme called lactase. In cases of lactose intolerance, the body does not produce enough lactase meaning lactose is not fully digested. Lactose intolerance generally manifests as abdominal pain, gas, and diarrhea following ingestion of dairy sources such as whey protein. Most people with lactose intolerance can still consume small amounts of lactose with no ill-effects. There are therefore several options available to those looking for a quality protein intake, but trying to avoid the symptoms of lactose intolerance.

Top Bottom