Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many grans of protein do you put in your shakes? How much protein can the body..

I agree with the everyone's different comment.
Those numbers were based on a Scientific study done with several individuals both athletic and sedentary.
The Average came out to approx 40 Grams ingestible within 3 hours I think. Some absorbed more, other less.
I'll surf and see if I can find it.

well, your liver can process 4g of protein at any one time. Don't freak ... the other protein you take just hangs around til it can be processed - about 3-4 hours which is one of the reasons why we eat so often.

Protein must be eaten with some carbs or it cannot be used for muscle growth, Not huge wods of carbs but enough. The reason for this is that protein is transported to the muscles on the back of the broken down carb sugars in the blood. Low blood sugar, low protein delivery.

Dorian yates chemical nutrition range has a superb idea on this. The pro-peptide protein drink and Pro-MR meal replacement contain several different types of protein that the body digests at different spped (eg, WPI almost instant, egg protein, takes longer) so the 42g in a serving is released periodically to the liver over the next few hours, This takes advantage of the small but steady stream of protein the liver can handle.

And that is how we work. Lecture over, I do hope no one got too bored.

ive heard the body can only process 50g of P in one sitting...

I take 30g in each shake... 3 times a day...

Top Bottom