Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long can you keep Creatine mixed with water?

mrt

I know this is an old issue but is it really true that Creatine solved in water will be useless and turn into harmful Creatinine after a certain period of time? If so, is it a matter of minutes, hours....?

Is this tested by a independent, reliable lab?

I've never heard of it morphing into "harmful creatine". I heard you should drink it immediatly after mixing because it breaks down causing it to be useless over a certain amount of time. So to get the full effect they say to mix and chug

Last I heard creatine will break down in water into useless creatinine in about 10 minutes. So don't sit around sipping it once you've mixed it.

Mix it up and chug it right away.

:D

By the way, creatinine is really harmful per se, it's just a useless byproduct that you're body typically excretes through urine.

As far as independent lab analysis of how fast creatine breaks down in water, I think it's pretty much well known the world over, not necessarily something that has scientists baffled and requires research done on it.

Last edited:
10 minutes?

Once you drink it it still going to float around in your stomach. That not even enough time to digest. Does anyone actually know. Good question mrt. I always wanted to know too.

Here, I found this study:

Creatine stability

Apparently I stand corrected. But still, if I were you I wouldn't mix up my creatine and leave it lying around for a while. I would drink it as soon as possible.

I remember reading some manufacturers say it should be consumed max. in an hour or so while most people say drink it immediately. The reason I asked this, I just wanna premix my creatine and start sipping it before and during workout, which gives me a window of about 1hour to consume it. Now since this study says it is stable up to 8hrs then I should be OK :)

Top Bottom