Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How important are supplements to you?

vinylgroover

I don't use supplements. I briefly tried them but found them to be a waste of money.

I'm particularly baffled by those who take steroids and supplements together. What will supplements do that steroids won't? How do you know what is working and what isn't. ie, can you isolate the source of new growth to any particular supplement when you are stacking them?

Steroids are not the same things as suppliments... For instance, steroids are NOT broken down to give you energy. However, the suppliment Creatine IS used to provide energy through the Phosphagen system used during intense resistance training.

Suppliments provide the body with fuel and building blocks. Steroids help make sure that those building blocks are used to make muscle. This is a super generalization, but on a simple level, i think that is what is going on.

They are two parts of the same equation... so to speak.

-Fatty

Fatty4You said:

Suppliments provide the body with fuel and building blocks. Steroids help make sure that those building blocks are used to make muscle. This is a super generalization, but on a simple level, i think that is what is going on.

They are two parts of the same equation... so to speak.

-Fatty

Do steroids not provide you with energy? Do steroids not provide you with fuel?

multi vitamens are a plus, along with some extra vitamen C, either in capsules or in crystals. not expensive, benefits can be far greater than their cost, which is ideal

Right now, my supplement cabinet contains:

(2)5 lb tubs of Optimum Whey Protein
5lb mixture of slower proteins
1kg glutamine
1kg Creatine
Vitamin C 1g tabs
Multi-vitamins
Flax Seed Oil
Glucosamine/Chondroiton 750/500mg

All of these are very useful on or off gear.

Post workout protein drinks are very essential part of my unbalanced diet :p

But seriously, there are supplemets you'd use with steroids as well, such as anti-es (liquid-ex) and Post steroid therapy(chlomid) amongst other things....
supplements is a very big generalization...

I don't use alot of supps. I take a liquid vitamin and a liquid mineral...some in the AM and some PM. I consider that insurance to a very healthy diet, though. No creatine, glutamine, blah blah blah.

I do think a good quality protein shake can be an asset for a busy lifter, or one with appetite problems. I also think whey is a suprior source of protein post-workout due to the absorption rate. I occasionally use one.

The only "supplement" I use regularly is Dr. Udo's Perfect Blend EFAs. That stuff is more "whole" than real food though, so I have a hard time thinking of it as a supplement, and not just another oil in my diet.

I take copius amounts fo fish oil, vitamin c powder, multivitamin and whey protein

don't think I could live without em, but maybe one day I will try going 2months without whey and see what sort of gains I will make :)
But right now I take it3-4 times a day. I noticed since I started taking it before bed with vitamin C my gains have acclerated, and seem to be leaning off...

I take vitamins, and a protein shake post workout. Other than that, I just eat a lot. Oh yeah, I use a little juice here and there, lol. Food's the most important part though.

Top Bottom