Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how important is it to really drink alot of water a day?

angleslam

I was just wondering if anyone knew how important it was to drink alot of water a day with a high protein diet. I roughly get around 225 grams of protein a day( i weigh 195 right now). I usually have around 3 to 5 8oz glasses of water a day. Is that sufficent for consuming that much proteing..Thanks brothers

angleslam said:
I was just wondering if anyone knew how important it was to drink alot of water a day with a high protein diet. I roughly get around 225 grams of protein a day( i weigh 195 right now). I usually have around 3 to 5 8oz glasses of water a day. Is that sufficent for consuming that much proteing..Thanks brothers

Nope. Drink about 8 glasses which is the general rule but what i usually do is fill up a 1 litre bottle and keep on filling it. I personally drink 8 x 1litre bottle a day. 2 gallons.

I'd agree with Cure - you need to be drinking more water than the 3-5 glasses you mentioned.....buy yourself a 20oz. bottle and keep it with you throughout the day....

The benefits of drinking a lot of water are too numerous to mention - but it's particularly important for flushing out toxins associated with higher than average protein consumption....

It might sound tasteless - but take a look at the color of your urine - if it's not clear then you're not drinking enough water....

It might be a pain in the ass to be in the bathroom every half hour - but you wouldn't believe the gains you can make simply by increasing water consumption!!

When you don't drink enough water, your liver has to help your kidneys. This takes the liver away from another of its jobs, metabolizing fat. The kidneys need water to function optimally and remove toxins from your body. Your body doesn't care too much if the fat gets to hang around a little longer, but those toxins gotta go!

Water is essential for all bodily functions, be it removing toxins, brain function (the brain is made mostly of water), or muscle and joint health. Even the slightest amount of dehydration can effect your performance, and thus your training and gains as well. Also, chronically not drinking enough water can make your body retain water and look smooth.

If all those reasons aren't enough, just the one about the liver not being able to burn fat because it has to help the kidneys is enough for me! If you're training hard, you need more than the standard "8 glasses" - follow Stryc-9's rule above about urine color.

Last edited:
I agree. Despite the annoyance of going to the bathroom regualrly (especially annoying I might add when watching a 3 hour movie like Lord of the Rings), the benefits of a high water intake are too numerous to mention. Drink drink drink.

yes... drink WATER
since beverages than contain caffeine (coke, coffee, chocolate,....) are diuretic

8-] said:
I agree. Despite the annoyance of going to the bathroom regualrly (especially annoying I might add when watching a 3 hour movie like Lord of the Rings), the benefits of a high water intake are too numerous to mention. Drink drink drink.

hah i know what you mean.... i almost pissed my pants cause i didn't wanna miss anything..

bro sometimes people think there's somethign wrong w/ me b/c i have to piss so frequently. That's what happens when i can actually drink a gallon a day. Most times i can't b/c of school and work, and there's been a few times where i barely made it to school w/out pissing in my pants. The whole trip to school becomes a nightmare, i got there once sweating bullets b/c i was holding my piss so long.

Top Bottom