Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to Eat more protein

The thing that I have found that works so that you can digest more protein (say 80+ grams per meal) is GINGER ROOT. It has 180 times the protein digesting power of papaya.
I recently added 500-1000mg of ginger root right before each meal- digestion has NEVER been better.

EDIT::::

after extended use 1-2grams of a quality root powder (NOT EXTRACT) is a more "comprehensive" dosage.

note: AF now carries GINGER ROOT

Macro, any connection between increased digestiblity component and the use of ginger root as a homepathic remedy for stomach aliments? I've taken it occasionally for an upset stomach.

here is a little blurb

Active constituents: The dried rhizome of ginger contains approximately 1–4% volatile oils. These are the medically active constituents of ginger, and they are also responsible for ginger’s characteristic odor and taste. The aromatic principles include zingiberene and bisabolene, while the pungent principles are known as gingerols and shogaols.1 The pungent constituents are credited with the anti-nausea and anti-vomiting effects of ginger.

Digestive system actions: Ginger is a classic tonic for the digestive tract. Classified as an aromatic bitter, it stimulates digestion. It also keeps the intestinal muscles toned.2 This action eases the transport of substances through the digestive tract, lessening irritation to the intestinal walls.3 Ginger may protect the stomach from the damaging effect of alcohol and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (such as ibuprofen) and may help prevent ulcers.4

Anti-nausea/anti-vomiting actions: Research is inconclusive as to how ginger acts to alleviate nausea. Ginger may act directly on the gastrointestinal system, it may affect the part of the central nervous system that causes nausea,5 6 it may exert a dual effect in reducing nausea and vomiting. Double-blind research has shown that ginger reduces nausea after surgery,7 8 although one study could not confirm this benefit.9 However, the negative study has been criticized for short-term follow-up. Other studies have found ginger helpful for preventing motion sickness,10 11 12 chemotherapy-induced nausea,13 and nausea of pregnancy.14

Circulatory actions: Ginger also supports a healthy cardiovascular system. Like garlic, ginger makes blood platelets less sticky and less likely to aggregate; however, not all human research has confirmed this. A high amount (10 grams) of ginger can inhibit excessive platelet aggregation in humans,15 but lower amounts taken for longer do not seem to have this effect.16 17 This action reduces a major risk factor for atherosclerosis.18

i eat tons of protien and by the end of the day my belly is hanging over my knees....THANKS for the post

MACRO, where did you get the information concerning ginger's proteolytic activity compared to papaya? Papaya contains papain and bromelain, which are proteolytic enzymes. I have never seen any information stating ginger has this type of activity. I would be very interested.

Top Bottom