Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do I dose protein?

Lythaira

Just got my first protein tub, and there they say that one serving is 26 grams of protein. But the question is – I don't think that one size can fit all here as we all need a different amount of protein. Do you know how much does a guy weighing 240 lbs naturally should be taking?

It's not complicated. You see how much you think you need. Let's go with 1g per lb - so 240g

Then you work out how much is in the food you'll eat.

For debates sake lets call that 180g (maybe more, maybe less). That leaves 60g which is 2.5 scoops give or take.

A natty guy should be taking like 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. So in your case it would be like 250 grams of protein. However, this should not come from the protein alone, as you should also eat meals and food to get the better ones.

A good protein intake to shoot for is around 1g per pound of body weight. You weight 240g so 240g of protein.

Let's say 250g for easy math. If you eat 5 meals per day, that's 50g per meal.

On your whey protein meal, you would use 2 scoops to hit the 50g mark.

Just have what you need to fill in the gaps in your daily protein requirements. If you are 240lbs you are likely consuming around 240g of protein per day. If you only get 200g from your diet then add in the protein powder to make up the extra 40g you need. If you get enough from your diet that particular day then you don't need any powder.

Top Bottom